place your bets!

Damn, that's what I was thinking....$599 for the core system. If I had to make another guess, $499 with a "required peripheral" sold separately for $99.99.

I think Scribe is on the nose. 499 with something cheezy like a 100 buck network adapter or harddrive or something.

No sony stated that the HDD will come with the system the do not want to do the 360 thing with 2 systems. GO READ YOUR GAMEINFORMER if you have the new issuse

It's Sony...

$599.99. But, watch one with bonus things will be around $799.99.

tigaer said:
It's Sony...

$599.99. But, watch one with bonus things will be around $799.99.

Not even close. Sony stated that they will not be releasing two verions of the system. it would be pointless. And The System will come with the HDD.

And really when has a home system ever released with a price tag with a half wat mark in it ex $550. That will never happen with a release and if it happend then i need to dust off and old Gameinformer to check.

Prince, you quote the Gameinformer as if it is a crystal ball. My brother gets that mag along with two others and they all have variations on the same line. None of them are right on the money. They can give an educated guess, but it's just that- a guess. They have no crystal ball.

Yea nobody has a price on the system and others have variations on the subject. But I have a GI with prices for every system launch thats has come to pass. The mag came out around the time the 360 was to come out. I was shocke to see some of the prices my folks or even myself paid for some systems. Neo Geo was $600, $600. I didn't have one but Sega came out for i think it was $209 or something. What i was tyrin g to say is that I have not yet seen a system Launch with a price tag with a half way mark on it. Didn't mean to be on the GI bandwagon like that but that has been my source for the last year other than IGN or X-Play (morgan webb is hot.)

my bet!

My bet is $750 the ps3 is not going to be a personalzed system, i forget but the last issue of GI spoke about the price of the ps3 no cheeper then $700 is a fact.... ya know but thinking right now i have a feeling they might squeese $699 i just dont think it will be profitiable... i uno... i have to recheck my resorces.

Okat think about this It may or may not be high. Sony is the one makging the new fangeled Blu-Ray discs. So its commin outta there pocket. Blu-Ray players are upward to the price of $1000. But its not the cheapest player. Toshiba has a player either out now or around the DVD launch and guess waht the price is $499.99. So if a third party company is making a player and it costing the $499.99. Then Sony can sell the PS3 for $499.99. And why you may want to ask. Sony is producing there own product BluRay is there format for there system. From a Marketing standpoint my Price can make sense. Think about it like this would you rather sell someone else's product or sell both your product to someone. When DVDs first hit the PS2 was ideal because you can play both games and DVD. The PS3 has that effect also

May 8 Price and Date should be reveled for all eyes. if i'm right $499.99 will be the price and some one is buying my DMC4

$499 But Sony will be loosing a tremendous amount of money if they do go with the Bluray, but they need to create a demand. They say Bluray is more appealing to Hollywood movie producers because this new technology is supposedly harder to infringe on copyright laws than the Toshiba's DVD-HD.