Perfect Dark Zero

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
I just rented PDZ (for about $7), and I must say that I'm impressed. I'm real picky about shooters (I cut my teeth on Halo, so my standards are pretty high), but this game is pretty good. The stages are beautifully rendered, and the characters look much better. Even the Joe Nobody characters have a lot of detail. They don't look light years beyond the xbox, but still good. I'm not excelling at the sneaking around part, but killing the bad guys is not an issue. I particularly like the M60 and the standard pistol. One for slaughter, the other for surgery.

Not something I'm going to buy, but fun none-the-less.

i played PDZ one night at a friend's house, and i liked it. I don't know about the single player game, but i had a lot of fun with the multiplayer

Yeah, I've checked out more reviews of the game, and they all say the multiplayer is the way to go. I plan on exploring that later tonight even though I don't have XBL.

I dont know about you guys but it was a severe severe disapointment to friends and I. Being that we grew up with N64, a sequel to perfect dark would be heaven to our ears, and what did they bring us? a shitty game. The graphics are good I wil l give you that but the character models are too shiny and the voice overs are dumb. Not only that but they destroyed the one thing that made the game fun in the first place. The extremly fast paced and fun multiplayer battles. This game is so slow, its incredible it kinda takes the fun out of it. Not only that but the one player campaign is very shallow and the story is not that good, being it takes place before the other game. Im glad you guys rented it because that is all its worth

Matt

I guess that since I had not played the previous version, I wasn't as disappointed as you. Now the game lost a little more of my already low opinion of it.

It's true that Rare has shaped up to be a suspect acquisition for Microsoft. I think Nintendo is laughing at how much Microsoft paid for Rare. I doubt Nintendo cared much to keep Rare, they must have had some inside intel on Rare's weak release schedule.

But, not to get off the point, Perfect Dark Zero is not the best sequel for fans of the beloved N64 original. Nonetheless, it is a very enjoyable game that is free of major flaws. It is also great to look at, has some nice level design, and fantastic multiplayer.

Besides, fans of cyberpunk haven't gotten a great console game since, what, Deus Ex: Invisible War. And even that some people will say was flawed by a shoddy framerate.

Yeah, it seems pretty much everything Rare touched has turned to unimpressive lately. Rare does kinda seem past it's prime.

Well I just got my 360 and this (and NBA 2K6) the other day, and this game is pretty cool. I had heard the single player sucked, but so far I have been having fun with it. See ya guys online, my name is...

SnakeWesker

I thought the single player campaign was okay. It wasn't revolutionary by any means. Basically, I think if you take away the graphics, PDZ could've still been an Xbox game. It was fun, just not mindblowingly fun.

Which is what they are actually saying about most of the games brought to the 360 as of late.....We probably won't see any MInd-blowing games until Elder Scrolls, Ghost Recon, and Gears of War....Those are just a few of many that are slated to be released this year.....Gun was not a great game, and the extra 10 bucks for the 360 game was just so you could have the game in High Definition

That's exaclty why I've still held off on buying the 360. The developers are still experimenting with the capabilities and don't know exactly how far they can push the limitations of their software. Other than adding hi-def cinematography, the technology of the 360 is slightly ahead of the learning curve. Give it about 6 months and the games will be incredible.

Watch the trailer for Elder Scrolls IV. If that doesn't make you want a 360 (or a really, really good PC, take your pic), nothing will.

But anyway, this is a PDZ thread, so let's talk PDZ. I beat the game today, and I am hoping for either a Perfect Dark 1 remake, or Perfect Dark 2. We'll see what happens with that. I want to buy the book, Initial Vector, which takes place after PDZ but before PD1.

Yeah, Oblivion looks fantastic. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Fight Night Round 3, PGR3, DoA4, Condemned, etc. look amazing also. So there are gorgeous looking 360 games. But then you have the average ones like Madden, Tony Hawk, Gun, Ridge Racer, etc. It's a mixed bag really.

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Perfect Dark, mostly because I didn't play it on the N64. I just hope the voice acting was better in that one. Is it me, or were there some laughably strange voice overs in PDZ?