Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

I've heard it is a sequel to the sequel to Mario RPG from way back when on the SNES. But it has a pretty high media average (8.8/10 on average) and it's kinda like a quirky turn-based RPG, like the other Mario RPGs (like Mario & Luigi). I don't think it's a side scroller, though. The upcoming Super Paper Mario, though, is a side scroller that looks like it will be QUITE good.

I am not a huge RPG fan normally.... This game, however, had me hooked. I have to admit that around the 6th or 7th crystal the game got a little repetative and a lot more difficult. But, as a girl that does not like RPGs very much, I found this game to be incredibly addicting and a lot of fun.

:scotland:

I think that 1000 year door is a lot of fun. I have kind of a weird taste in games though. I enjoyed the pixel shading animation. I really think that the games looks and feels really nice and friendly. I actually got into the story line too. I Never Get Into Story Lines. Maybe the girl part of me just thought that it was cute. I appreciate the ease of game play and the prgression of difficulty up to about the 6th or 7th level (where it got really hard and repetative)

Again, I am not an RPG fan. I REALLY enjoyed this game and would reccommend to anyone to at least give it a try. I like fun games and I was not expecting to get hooked.

:scotland:

Yeah it is a really great game.
I think its the fun factor that makes it such a success, but I didnt really get into the story though.

It's a lot like an RPG though. You walk around in real-time, talk to people, do stuff, progress in the story, do sidequests, etc. Then when you get in a battle, it becomes turn based. There are also action commands, which really makes the game different from the totally turn based RPGs.

Anyway, you should get it.

I think it's pretty fun. I'm not far, only about an hour or so into the game (Petal Meadows). I like the airplane feature. I'm seeing all sorts of places I'll need to revisit once I get the other paper powers.

The battle system is ridiculously simple. I almost wish it was a little more complex.

I think I'll like Super Paper Mario better though. We'll see.