Osu!

TheDarkRose_93

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
California
Curious to know if anyone here plays it. It's a wonderful free online rhythm game that had me addicted from the first day I played it. Though since my old laptop went dead on me, I haven't been on in several months, but I plan to come back to it very soon.

I still prefer more old-school rhythm games like StepMania where the keyboard is the main input instead of the mouse, but Osu! is a great free rhythm game nonetheless, given the lack of these on PC.

The online community is also fantastic with lots of new songs being added all the time.

I've played Osu obsessively for quite a while, but lost interest after becoming a good player. I think for the first 6 months I played it around 10-14 hours per day (was unemployed at that time), which was enough to get me into the top 1000. After that it turned into some kind of on/off game for me, since I didn't see much room for improvements. I was able to play pretty much every song and just grinding hidden double time to get a little higher in the rankings wasn't really worth the time, so I quit and started playing Stepmania. Nowadays I sometimes have months where I play around 2000-3000 songs in Osu, and then stop playing again for 3-4 months. I'd like to play more, since I've loved the game so much some years ago, but it's hard to force yourself to keep on going, since it's just super boring to play the game when there are no songs that you can't beat - having a song I couldn't beat was always the best motivation.

I liked playing Osu. I am not that good at it yet, and it was fun to try beating your score, even if by a little bit. It is where I was first introduced to Bad Apple, and the Touhou games. I love to play Rhythm games and the concept of it was quite new to me. I averaged 2 to 3 hours at a time playing it.

Although, I prefer games like O2Jam more. I had long sessions with Audition then too. I get my bum handed to me by my friends at times...we competed to get the high score a lot.

I've never gotten into it myself but I've always heard really good things about it. Rhythm games can be a lot of fun, if not also a little difficult and frustrating.

I've played Osu obsessively for quite a while, but lost interest after becoming a good player. I think for the first 6 months I played it around 10-14 hours per day (was unemployed at that time), which was enough to get me into the top 1000. After that it turned into some kind of on/off game for me, since I didn't see much room for improvements. I was able to play pretty much every song and just grinding hidden double time to get a little higher in the rankings wasn't really worth the time, so I quit and started playing Stepmania. Nowadays I sometimes have months where I play around 2000-3000 songs in Osu, and then stop playing again for 3-4 months. I'd like to play more, since I've loved the game so much some years ago, but it's hard to force yourself to keep on going, since it's just super boring to play the game when there are no songs that you can't beat - having a song I couldn't beat was always the best motivation.
I was addicted to the hidden mod but I cannot for the life of me use double time x_x My poor fingers just aren't fast enough lol