Only a few hours away!

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Until the 360 is released. Who's getting one straight out the gate? A co-worker of mine has a roommate that works at Wal-mart. He's buying four of them tonight at midnight and is all prepped to put them on ebay. He plans on getting about $700-$800 apiece for them. He also gets the $50 off discount of his roommate. He'll at least make $200. I plan on kicking him in the marbles.

If I get one, it won't be for a while. None of the launch titles appeal to me. Plus I'm not spending that much money on it. I will be patient and wait for a price drop. Does anyone know if the X-Box 360 is backwards compatible? I'm assuming it is, but I have not had this assumption confirmed.

The backwards compatible stuff is only for the one with the hard drive (or so I read), but when you pop in Halo or Halo 2, they will now be in High Def. Not that it does me any good. I don't have a high def. TV! Guess Santa will need to be REALLY generous if it's to really make a difference.

Yeah, the hdd stores the emulation software. This is unlike the PS2's emulation of PS1 games, which was hardcoded or part or all of the actual PS1chip architecture was included (someone told me it was the latter recently as I don't recall how it works). If the latter, then that's interesting.. kind of like the human brain evolving more complex layers over the primitive ones, heh.

We girls think on a whole different wave length.

My fetish with cute boys and how I will travel the world collecting new ones. I am a one woman United Nations. HA!

Yeah I agree with BC, the only game that I would ever play on the 360 is the new DOA and that is about it.

They used the PS1 chip as the sound chip for the PS2. They were running out of time to design the sound system and they wanted backwards compatibility anyway.

Darth Jonas....call me crazy.....but now my memory has came back to me and you are who i think you are now.....Now that i have thoroughly confused everyone yet once again, good to have you on bud......And you know Asylum_boy has the HDTV.....And by tomorrow, i should have that bright, new shining machine!!!!hahaha

At least the people that want Half-Life 2 for the Xbox will have the ability to play on the Xbox 360.....which is on the compatibility list according to the website.....And that kicks ass!!!

Asylum and I are old friends. He did not realize who I was (although he's the one that recommended I come here and educate myself). Now he recognizes me as one of the four friends known to others as the Horsemen.