OMG There needs to be a Starcraft DS

ActionHank

Staff Writer (PC, Xbox)
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Nashville
www.kat5kaos.com
Seriously is the Nintendo DS not the perfect platform to put starcraft on. I mean it almost worked for the N64, Blizzard should most definatly try again on their Handheld.

Think about it it would be perfect. The DS has more than enough power to run Starcraft. The stylus is a perfect controler for a Rts allowing quick and easy access to units and menus about as good as a keybord and mouse could. and the online wireless feature would be awsome to see espically if blizzard is able to incorprate Battle.net into the picture. And I for one can't see too much fine tuning having to be done for the DS to play SC well....OMG I am sending this thread link to Blizzard now!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh. Yeah, that could work fairly well, although, I don't think Starcraft is the one to do it with. I'm tired of Blizzard's rts games. It simply becomes a unit production contest. The "s" part --> strategy, doesn't enter into it.

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the handheld section?

Yeah well I would love to seen any RTS makes its way to the DS. Starcraft was just the first thing I could think of cause its not that graphicly demanding and I truly believe that they will never make a Starcraft 2.

Starcraft Ghost!!!!!

It Is Gonna Kick Ass!!!!!

Fifteen Playable Unit Types!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they really cancel Ghost for the cube? Ive seen several sites reporting that but it is still available for pre order from many major outlets (target, bestbuy, etc.)

BTW Starcraft on DS...fantastic idea, perfect system for it.

(yeah, Im new to the boards...Hi!)

Indeed they did cancel it for the Cube. They said they put so much effort into the multiplayer, putting it on the Cube would just sell it short.

basilmunroe said:
m3talst0rm, you should check out "The Outlet for all Inanity" thread. You'd be right at home there.

Wow...one day and my user name is already being cracked on...well, I guess I could have picked |\/|3741 570|'|\/| and recieved a warmer welcome! :bullwhip:

No, I found an old NES game at a FleaMarket not to long ago called Metal Storm. I had never heard about it but it had cool cover art. Paid 1.25 and I really enjoy the game (sort of blaster master, metal mech style shooter). Anyway, I thought I would spice up metalstorm by throwing in some numbers. :teacher:

Yeah, these people can be kinda lame about <|-|@7 5|034|< but they're ok other than that. Cept soooooo many of em are Halo haters...

Star Craft would be cool, but Age of Empires will be coming out soon. That is like the only true RTS annoucned so far for the system.

I still think Starcraft would be better than Age o Empires cause SC is more arcady and to me would seem to fit better as a DS game. But heck Ill take whatever I can get.