Old School?

The most popular arcades these days are the Dave and Busters places that are dotted all over the place. Problem with them is that they're all them thar new-fangled light guns and motion sensor games, and none of them thar Street Fighters or KOF games. Not even a Guilty Gear! Pretty much, there needs to be a good ol' timey arcade! One that has all of those co-op beat-em-ups (like the Captain America and the Avengers, XMen, The Simpsons: Rescue Maggy, etc.) and the occasional 1942, Lightning Force type shooter, and all the classics with PacMan, Space Invaders, Pole Position, Galaga, Galaxian, Metal Slug, etc. etc.

Hells yeah...that would rock so hard.

scribe999 said:
Hey Huddy,

I remember playing a game called 'Gorf' on the old ColecoVision system. It was like Space Invaders, right? Instead of three barriers you were surrounded by a dome shield that protected you from the aliens, but you were also forced to shoot through it.

Maybe you can find the system and cartridge somewhere.

Damn...figures it was on the one system I never possessed! There's got to be another way....my kingdom for Gorf!

All of your statments has made me cry.............I'm only 20 i've been playing games for 17 with out help. all my friends are gamers of the early 80's. So they have all kept there systems so I would dust off everygame I could find in there house and go to work. If i played the game you ccan bet i beat that game. Those are the rules I was brought up with if you couldn't beat a game or sucked at it you were clowned.

Also I'm a Arcade baby. So many quarters spent so many bleeding fingers..................I MISS THE GLORY DAYS. But thanks to Nintendo and Xbox I can go back to that.

spudlyff8fan said:
The most popular arcades these days are the Dave and Busters places that are dotted all over the place. Problem with them is that they're all them thar new-fangled light guns and motion sensor games, and none of them thar Street Fighters or KOF games. Not even a Guilty Gear! Pretty much, there needs to be a good ol' timey arcade! One that has all of those co-op beat-em-ups (like the Captain America and the Avengers, XMen, The Simpsons: Rescue Maggy, etc.) and the occasional 1942, Lightning Force type shooter, and all the classics with PacMan, Space Invaders, Pole Position, Galaga, Galaxian, Metal Slug, etc. etc.

Hells yeah...that would rock so hard.

That is what I want to do. I flirted with getting investors last year but I just didn't have time. I might pick the project back up after this decade- but Cabinets are going to get harder to find!

mlvassallo said:
That is what I want to do. I flirted with getting investors last year but I just didn't have time. I might pick the project back up after this decade- but Cabinets are going to get harder to find!

DUDE IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE A GOD. I'M FROM PHILLY I WILL TRAVEL TO ANY LOCATION YOU PUT THAT PLACE........................

mlvassallo said:
Well, there are guides you can find/buy online to buy your own arcade cabinets. But the painting becomes difficult, and you'd presumably needs some architectural abilities.

first system that i had was a sega genisis pretty good i still pull out a game or two of sonic the hedge hog every once and a while ps1 and 3ps2's 3xbox's but NO 360 cost to much

im a young gamer but i play online shooting games alot and i own. i have played area51, BHD, R6 LD, bf2, mgs3 s, and right now im just waiting for AA

Old School gamer here. Been playin' since the Atari 2600 and kept moving up the ranks of console gaming ever since. Any console, anytime. If I had a chance to play a game or console at a friend's house, I'd do it until I could figure out a way to get one for myself.