My Mission has been accomplished...

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
Ok, i'm sure nobody read my thread about my never-ending search for a "working" N64 as my birthday present this year.....I know what you're saying, but i always loved to play my old N64!!....However, it was a senseless battle i thought i had lost.....Until i found one on Ebay!!.....I got the console, a controller, and 7 games for $13.50............Naturally i doubted the old console's ability to function.....But i can say after receiving a couple of days ago, That i am truly in my own weird Nirvana.........This may sound lame to most people, but i have been playing the hell out of my brand new No Mercy game for N64 for a couple of days......and it has been truly GREAT......My quest for regaining my tag team titles back from my buds is looking like it's coming soon.....The point of this thread is what other older consoles have you gotten, when they were past their prime, and did you just get for one game or "type" of game??......Mine would have to be this N64(obviously), i only had it back in the day for the wrestling titles....Which, by the way, are still the best wrestling titles out there and still beat the next gen.....err crap....i mean wonderful "looking" wrestling titles today.......i think it may get some comp from this one below....but only time will tell:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007

Anyhoo, here's a toast:beer:to the N64 and its great 'rasslin titles:beer:

Hey I'll toast to that! :beer: Congratulations, asylum ^_^ I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

I was on a similar quest a couple of years ago for a working NES (which is a lot harder to find in working order XD). I was about to give up hope, especially after seeing the refurbished ones online for $50 a pop (and we all know how useless EB Games and GameStop are when it comes to this kind of stuff). One day, however, a friend of mine came over my house after garage sale-ing with her mom all afternoon and presented me with an NES, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario 3, Dr. Mario, Mario/Duck Hunt, Zelda I, Zelda II, and a couple other titles. There were even some original boxes in the mix. 2 controllers and the Duck Hunt gun (wow, why can't I remember the real name of the gun now.... I want to say either super scope or zapper gun for some reason >_<) were also in the package. The system is somewhat finicky, but it works.

Oh yeah, the price? 10 dolla.

One of the happiest days in my gaming life ^_^ All thanks to my friend.

So, yes, a toast to outdated systems in general!! :beer::beer: :toast:

asylum_boy,

Congrads.... Wasn't that a Birthday present wish that you'd find a N64 ? I remember that post...

Meggo,

Your Location is northeast Ohio, anywhere around Geneva ? I spent my first 8 year of life in Geneva-on-the-Lake, then moved to East Tennessee, can't say I miss the winter weather up there...lol

Anyways, Cograds on finding a working console asylum_boy...

Peace,

Awesome man. N64's are tanks. I spilt a full cup of root beer on and inside my N64 and it still functions perfectly today. No Mercy is still the best wrestling game.

aye, I miss my N64, what a great system..... Is it just me though, or did the Gamecube just not have many good titles(except for the Godliness that was Animal Crossing)

Yeah, i got the Gamecube from my wife for the old birthday....then got the N64 from one of my relatives (at least that's what the money went to)...........I rented Super Smash Bros. Melee and i can say it was an alright game:fire:.....waits for Spuds' rebuttal....:fire:.....I mean it was fun when me and my wife had friends over......Now, MarioKart Double Dash is a game none of us here at the house can put down...........All the while, my brother says i keep neglecting my 360, which is ssoooooooo not the case.......I just wish the 360 would go ahead put out those TOOOO SWEEETTTTTTTT titles that everyone saw at E3............I mean, besides Halo and Halo 2, I don't have addicting games for the 360 yet............Hence, that would be the reason for investing in the other 2 older consoles...........I'm getting back to my roots.........Just an update, the N64 is still up and running and i'm still playing the hell out of No Mercy......My only dilemma, which it's more like an inconvenience, is that my bro' went and bought another controller so we could bash each other's heads in on the No Mercy Game..........I think it's called the Pelican controller.......Anyhoo, i really had some major problems with this controller........I told him that he only BUYS THE ORIGINAL N64 CONTROLLER!!!!!...........Then we back to beating the snot out of each other in the game.......The End

Ian said:
aye, I miss my N64, what a great system..... Is it just me though, or did the Gamecube just not have many good titles(except for the Godliness that was Animal Crossing)
The Cube just mopped the floor with the N64. The N64 had only seven good games: Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Smash Bros, Zelda: OoT, Zelda MM and Goldeneye. Those were great games, but the Cube just had more.

And Smash Bros is a big game, so you really can't just play it a few times to really enjoy it. But I do enjoy when I can destroy people in a three-on-one (I'm the one).

I bought a 64 a few months ago and it is Awesome.

I am lookig for Pokemon Snap if anyone knows of anyone that would like to sell it.

My next purchase is a Supernintendo.

You can find the Pokemon Snap on Ebay for dirt cheap....alot of the N64 consoles that were being sold on Ebay were bundles with Pokemon Snap included.....I definitely wanna scoop up some more of the 64 titles like Mario 64 and MarioKart 64........The Super Nintendo does sound like a good idea.....that would just be more mindless gaming hours playing Duck Hunt with the Light Gun......If i could find a Sega genesis without an outrageous asking price, i'd scoop that one up as well!!!!