Mr. Softie was invented by Ivan Pavlov

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
Ivan Pavlov who was famous for his conditioning study in which he rang a bell before feeding dogs. He would ring a bell everyday and then feed his dogs. THe dogs became away that when the bell was rung, food was near and began to salivate... After a while he would ring the bell and not feed the dogs. They would still salivate, proving that all animals could be trained or conditioned to expect a consequence on the results of previous experience.

Before he died in 1936 he wanted to widen his study to children and expand his number of test cases from 6 to 200 million. So he invented Mr. Softie. He would have someone drive around in a big white truck and play a theme song he invented right before he would serve all the children in the neighborhood Ice Cream. Like his previous study, all the children would salivate when the theme song was played.

I know Andre's dead. Wait! I mean his disappearence is as much a surprize to me as it is to you. I have an alibi!

I only mispell surprise when I'm nervous? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I mispell it all the time.

That's because you corrected me. I often can't remember which tense of surprise gets the s and which one the z. Surprise becomes Surprized, but I often think it's the other way.

Dammit! Do you really spell surprised with an s?

Stupid English language. That's why Spanish is so great, everything is spelled just like it sounds.