Minecraft Opinions

Robbinho14

Registered
Dec 1, 2014
I have been addicted to this game for too long. Most of my friends say i have to quit it because its too "Childish" but in my opinion its just too addictive and fun to do stuff and talk to people i have met on there. So i had no doubts i would ever stop playing the game. The recent problem we have faced is that bukkit 1.8 doesnt seem to come out. And the server population is really getting lower and lower. Whats your opinion about this whole Microsoft buys Mojang? And just minecraft in general.

I played Minecraft for awhile, but to be honest, I got bored with it and just stopped playing. There's only so much mining, farming, building, and monster killing I can do before it just feels repetitive.

I agree with Kleineganz, after awhile, the game just feels very repetitive. I quit playing about a year ago. I personally think this Microsoft buy was the nail in the coffin. Like you stated, servers are already in a decline, and I believe we will continue to see this.

I used to think it was too repetitive, but the I joined different servers, which opened me the doors to a whole new side of Minecraft. Finding a new good server, is like downloading a different version of Minecraft, it's really fun. Unfortunately, there are now less and less servers, and I don't know if it will stop.

The game happens to get stale after a while like you said, happens to all games. I would suggest taking a break for a bit to freshen up the game play and make it feel like new. In the very beginning this game was awesome, and still is but the magic it had when I first played cannot be repeated.

I used to absolutely love Minecraft, and I must've spent at least 300 hours building things, playing Hunger Games, and installing mods.
I don't think it's childish seeing as how grown men on YouTube play it and make a living from that!
If you still like it, or if you got bored of it, I'd recommend downloading the Feed The Beast mod because it has numerous new items that should keep you entertained for quite a while...

There's no sense in saying that Minecraft is childish. Don't listen to them. Listen to yourself. As with any other game, there will come a point when things just won't be the same. When you get bored, sometimes all you need is take a break. Play other games or quit gaming for a solid week or two. This never fails to help me.

I stopped playing Minecraft around the time Microsoft bought it. But the acquisition didn't have anything to do with my decision. I just know it's time for me to quit. Maybe I'll play again in the future. Minecraft has tons of mods and endless gameplay, so I imagine it wouldn't be hard to get hooked with it again.

The game happens to get stale after a while like you said, happens to all games. I would suggest taking a break for a bit to freshen up the game play and make it feel like new. In the very beginning this game was awesome, and still is but the magic it had when I first played cannot be repeated.
I just have so many other games I enjoy playing. I honestly don't see myself going back to Minecraft anytime soon.

It's a lot of great fun, and if you enjoy playing it, keep at it OP. Play whatever makes you happy, don't listen to anything otherwise. If you're bored there's always new stuff to do on other servers with different modes!

Ye thats what i have been doing lately, I have been playing a ton of Minecraft prison and just keeping up with my minecraft friends in general. Some hunger games here and there are fun aswell. Ill stick with minecraft untill the end i guess ;)

I just have so many other games I enjoy playing. I honestly don't see myself going back to Minecraft anytime soon.
Like some other people mentioned, The diverse number of minigames can make it a lot of fun. But it has to be your piece of cake. I'd suggest you should just play around with a few big minigame servers. (Mineplex, shotbow etc.)

Like some other people mentioned, The diverse number of minigames can make it a lot of fun. But it has to be your piece of cake. I'd suggest you should just play around with a few big minigame servers. (Mineplex, shotbow etc.)
I honestly have no interest in minigames. This thread asked for opinions on minecraft and I stated mine. I will stick to the other games I enjoy playing more. With Warlords of Draenor and Sims 4 out, I have plenty of gaming content to keep me busy.

I played the game for quite a while, because I wanted to build a lot of things and a very big castle(home) for myself. But after I finished with my home project, I got pretty bored at the game, it didn't appeal to me anymore, atleast not as much as it did before. I might go back at playing it someday, but right now I think I'll rather play some other games.

I've played it for a while, and I thought it was pretty fun. However, I feel like it's found its niche within a younger gaming age group, so I wasn't really that interested anymore. Furthermore, the repetitive environment kind of bored me, so I stopped playing. However, the creativity potential of that game was endless, and I'm definitely appreciative of that.

I've played it for a while, and I thought it was pretty fun. However, I feel like it's found its niche within a younger gaming age group, so I wasn't really that interested anymore. Furthermore, the repetitive environment kind of bored me, so I stopped playing. However, the creativity potential of that game was endless, and I'm definitely appreciative of that.
I gotta agree they target young players. And i must agree that a lot of people are actually younger than 12 years old. But if you find the good persons on the servers its pretty good and i'd like to think this game was made for more age groups than just younger people.

I played the game for quite a while, because I wanted to build a lot of things and a very big castle(home) for myself. But after I finished with my home project, I got pretty bored at the game, it didn't appeal to me anymore, atleast not as much as it did before. I might go back at playing it someday, but right now I think I'll rather play some other games.
A lot of people seem to share the same opinion. Just trying to find out how i could have sticked with this game for over 3 years now. And that others simply quit after their first build. Might be the minigames or just the different servers. Do you know?

For me, the only thing that's appealing about Minecraft is the diversity of the building materials and the flexibility to create almost anything. My son likes to play it as a platform game, but I stick to "Creative" mode. I see Minecraft as more of a program allowing me to build wonderful computer models, and not as a game at all. But for my son and myself, it serves a dual-purpose, so it's all good.

For me, the only thing that's appealing about Minecraft is the diversity of the building materials and the flexibility to create almost anything. My son likes to play it as a platform game, but I stick to "Creative" mode. I see Minecraft as more of a program allowing me to build wonderful computer models, and not as a game at all. But for my son and myself, it serves a dual-purpose, so it's all good.
That's an interesting view. But wouldn't you choose for a more professional program for designing stuff? its all a little blocky and stuff. Is it something work related or just fun? That might be important for me to ask :p

Well, I'm not a fan of Minecraft but it has nothing to do with my age; I just don't enjoy the game much. If you enjoy the game, then enjoy it. There are probably a lot of people your age whom also enjoy playing it as well. It does have a pretty expansive world though, which is one of the things I did like about it.

I had lots of fun building silly things with friends. It has its moments of immense fun and it's one of those things where you make of it what you will haha. I like the fact that I have a lot of creative control and can share that with friends. Minecraft is one of those games that I can come and go whenever I want and still have fun. Then there's tons of mods out there that add a new depth to the game and keeps it fresh.