Metroid Prime 3

Got it today. It's pretty sweet. Highly immersive. Good controls. Sweet graphics. I can already tell it's better than the 2nd Prime. As for the first Prime, it's something of the impossible to reach its heights, but it seems pretty solid thus far.

Wijg, where ya at man!? I know you wanna gush away about this game. :p

Man, I really like this game. It got a lot better after I got intuned with the controls. And it does a good job of keeping the Metroid atmosphere (unlike some reviews have suggested), and the story is good stuff (despite what some reviews suggested). So much better than Prime 2.

I just wonder now how designers are going to make faster-paced FPSs with the wii mote controls. Prime's action isn't and has never been of the frenetic twitch variety. There's the lock-on feature and the fact that turning speed is limited (probably for technical constraint reasons). This is perfect for the wii-mote control scheme they have. But, I'd like to see something like the precision and speed of PC FPS controls in future FPSs on the Wii.

While that would be nice, the Wiimote still lacks a great deal of precision. There's alot in the way of jumps, skips and shaking that really prevent it from pulling off some seriously precise controls. But really, the way Twilight Princess pu me off, I just have little faih in the Wii's control scheme for anything other than mini-game compilations.

Well, the jump/shake/skipping is nonexistent in MP3. I assume they're using some of the same kinds stability algorithms that digital camcorders use to reduce the shake effect--except in MP3's case the shake doesn't exist. The real challenge to me is to come up with a comfortable and accurate control scheme that allows for quick rotations in all directions of the first-person view. MP3 uses a relative rotation speed boundary... which is to say that the further you move the cursor away from the center of the view, the faster the view rotates in that direction (until it hits a peak (slow) speed). I just can't imagine that being too easy to do if the rotation speed was, say, 2x faster than Prime 3's max.

i played a few hours and think it is prob the best Prime game yet. the game is way more cinematic and i think i like the wiimote control scheme. the Ridley fight was pretty dang cool too.