License Games

Most definitely. There are also those few books, movies, games out there that put good time and effort into doing it right. Then after the initial success, step back and say "alright, now let's top it". I'm not going to write off any game until I truly check it out, but I am already doubtful when a game is based on something popular.

In my experience, so-called "license games" are best avoided. The recent Spider-man games were very good, though, so there are exceptions to the rule.

To take it a different direction, seeing a game release prior to a movie release is scary!

I was not thrilled when my little brother started telling me about Star Wars 3 before the movie came out. Since the game follows the storyline, he knew details that I wanted to see in the theater.

The surge for both the book and the game came at the same time and they knew people would start buying it both before and after the movie. Most movie games have to wait until after the movie is popular to get the attention needed to promote it. In George's case, he knew that fans would jump on it and that new fans would check it out after they saw the movie.

Another example of how a popular series can sell a game.

-"There's also a Katamari DS rumor that is somewhat substantiated flying around as well."
-Spudlyff8fan

So if that is infact a rumor floating around...
...YAYAYAY!
That is one rumor that I hope comes true. it would be like two of my favorites things at the same time.