Is Warlords of Draenor worth buying at full price?

You should try going back by yourself.
Soloing raids is a lot of fun, when if you do insane amounts of damage.
It's fun to discover ways to bypass mechanics that were built to work with many players and do it all by yourself.
I'm not sure if WoW is something I could get back in to at this point. I just end up getting overly committed to a raid schedule and farming up the marks of the month to get the tier gear. I prefer games that aren't second jobs nowadays haha.

I do get rather nostalgic about WoW every so often though, and I've yet to find a game that recaptures the same sense of teamwork and comradery when downing a new boss.

Well if you can't do a dedicated raid schedule you can still kind of experience raiding with the LFR feature. It's not as awesome as raiding with close friends/guildmates but you can still see the content at your own schedule/pace. That's honestly what I'm doing with this expansion, my days of hardcore raiding are way over and I'm just using the time to enjoy myself and do a few quick runs with old friends/buddies.

Just wait till Christmas - Blizzard usually has pretty sweet discounts for their games. And leveling immediatelly after expansion launches is pain in the b*tt. There's so much griefing (if you're on a PvP realm) and waiting for quest mobs to respawn, because there are so many people doing the same quest.

As for myself, I'll wait another half a year and then pick WoD for like $5-10. Did it with MoP and didn't miss out too much!

Well if you can't do a dedicated raid schedule you can still kind of experience raiding with the LFR feature. It's not as awesome as raiding with close friends/guildmates but you can still see the content at your own schedule/pace. That's honestly what I'm doing with this expansion, my days of hardcore raiding are way over and I'm just using the time to enjoy myself and do a few quick runs with old friends/buddies.
Yeah unfortunately I've just got too much of the hardcore raid mentality in me. I quit playing not long after the LFR feature was implemented in Cataclysm and found the experience to be somewhat frustrating. I had a tough time playing in those raids because the overall quality of player was lower than what I was accustomed to. Wiping on trash packs and such.. no fun.

Just wait till Christmas - Blizzard usually has pretty sweet discounts for their games. And leveling immediatelly after expansion launches is pain in the b*tt. There's so much griefing (if you're on a PvP realm) and waiting for quest mobs to respawn, because there are so many people doing the same quest.

As for myself, I'll wait another half a year and then pick WoD for like $5-10. Did it with MoP and didn't miss out too much!
Oh man, the initial leveling rush after an expansion drop is crazy. It's frustrating but also really fun at the same time because there's so much world PVP going on when both sides start fighting over quest mobs. Then there's that one guy who's on the same quests as you and you keep running in to each other, stealing each others mobs.

So many great memories from WoW.

I'm not sure if WoW is something I could get back in to at this point. I just end up getting overly committed to a raid schedule and farming up the marks of the month to get the tier gear. I prefer games that aren't second jobs nowadays haha.
Wow really is a great game if you can switch your mentality away from powergaming. It is a great casual game you can drop in and have fun with. LFR can be a bit frustrating, but if you want to be stress free, just wait a week or two after a wing opens to do it. People learn pretty fast. But there is definitely a sweet spot in the middle of LFR. you don´t want to go too early and have nobody know what they are doing, but you also don´t want to wait to long because then so many people are AFK through it.

Wow really is a great game if you can switch your mentality away from powergaming. It is a great casual game you can drop in and have fun with. LFR can be a bit frustrating, but if you want to be stress free, just wait a week or two after a wing opens to do it. People learn pretty fast. But there is definitely a sweet spot in the middle of LFR. you don´t want to go too early and have nobody know what they are doing, but you also don´t want to wait to long because then so many people are AFK through it.
Oh I know, I can't avoid the powergaming mentality though. Whenever I play a new game that I end up liking a lot (currently League of Legends), I spend far too much time learning all the subtle intricacies so that I can improve as quickly as possible. It's the whole WoW min-maxing mentality seeping in to other areas of my life... which isn't necessarily a bad thing because it affects the way I am professionally too.

I totally know what you mean. The game has that hook where it wants to get your competitive side out and it's addicting. I mean there's a sense of self satisfaction that you get once you reach the top and you know you're sitting there haha. That's why I'm kind of glad they changed boomkin the way they did otherwise I'd continue to be addicted to hardcore raiding. I learned everything there was to boomkin back in Cata on my own and combined with all of the support abilities, it was pretty awesome to be in high demand.

I totally know what you mean. The game has that hook where it wants to get your competitive side out and it's addicting. I mean there's a sense of self satisfaction that you get once you reach the top and you know you're sitting there haha. That's why I'm kind of glad they changed boomkin the way they did otherwise I'd continue to be addicted to hardcore raiding. I learned everything there was to boomkin back in Cata on my own and combined with all of the support abilities, it was pretty awesome to be in high demand.

I was a Shadow Priest main since I started raiding, off spec Disc. I loved the whole DoT mechanic and would pride myself on out dpsing Mages and Locks in a lot of single target fights. My claim to fame was sitting in World of Logs world Shadow Priest top 10 DPS during the first weeks of progression raiding of Cata.

There were like 3 Spriests on my server Horde side that were really good, and we were all buddy-buddy sharing tips and stuff. It was pretty fun to be a part of.

I think the general consensus with Warlords is that it's fantastic until you reach the level cap, and then there are two camps of people.

The first absolutely love the new end-game content, that things are more accessible, and that the game has been so streamlined.

The other camp feels like they have just refined the game's chores, and that it is the same old rock, just heavily buffed.

Regardless, I don't think you can go wrong trying it again. I am a long time player, and content in this expansion has been exhilarating to me. Really, especially the first Horde zone. I haven't been interested in the content itself since Lich King. So, on the PvE front, it's great.

On the PvP front, it's exponentially more enjoyable. They reduced crowd control abilities, increased life pools, and refined class specialties. For an old Warcraft player like myself, it feels more like the classic game before all the bloat from the last few years.

If you loved the classic game but felt it was going in the wrong direction the last expansion or two, I can't recommend it enough. But at the end of the day, it is still Warcraft.

Just to add to this thread, apparently Blizzard is sending out a ´ WoD for 10 days free´ promotion. That is a huge amount of time and you can probably get to 100 very easily.

I think the general consensus with Warlords is that it's fantastic until you reach the level cap, and then there are two camps of people.

The first absolutely love the new end-game content, that things are more accessible, and that the game has been so streamlined.

The other camp feels like they have just refined the game's chores, and that it is the same old rock, just heavily buffed.
Which camp do you fall under? As someone who would only be interested in the raiding and PvP aspects, I'm glad to hear that they've been addressing some of the issues that have been around for ages.

Could you expand a bit on how the raiding is like now? Which raid does the current content bear similarities to? Are the fights challenging enough in normal AND hard modes?

Most likely yes, it'a great game and a great expansion nonetheless. They improved so much from Cata/Mop that this expansion has a potential to be the best one so far.