I bought an R9 270x in store, do I get the AMD Promo key?

gh0st233

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I have bought an R9 270x from a local store, and I have noticed that I didn't get the AMD Promo key that I should get if I buy an R9 270x. Is that only from certain stores, like buying from amazon, or newegg, or something, or is the key hidden somewhere? Do I have to do some special task to get the key, like registering the GPU on their site, and then getting a key? I really have no idea, and I hope I can get that key because it's the gold key.

I would check out their site. I bought a referb card two years back and was informed it wasn't under the free game thing. It is always worth a shot. What is the worst they are going to do, tell you no?

Like gillman said, you should go to the store you bought it from and ask them about it. Though if they don't provide you with the code, you could try and ask AMD to gift you the code. I doubt it would happen, but you can always try.

The store probably has no idea about the promo. If I go to the store and ask about a promo code, they'll just look at me like I'm from another planet. I will try asking AMD for the code, tho, that's possible. I've heard stories of EA Support giving games out, and if they can give you a game for no real reason, why couldn't AMD give me a key for buying the GPU? Thanks.

The store probably has no idea about the promo. If I go to the store and ask about a promo code, they'll just look at me like I'm from another planet. I will try asking AMD for the code, tho, that's possible. I've heard stories of EA Support giving games out, and if they can give you a game for no real reason, why couldn't AMD give me a key for buying the GPU? Thanks.
If you try it, don't forget to post here what happened :).

They have no "contact us" button on the promo page, no phone number and no e-mail address. Can I send them an e-mail to their usual customer support e-mail, and explain there what happened? I usually have very bad experiences with supports, but never tried AMD's support. Usually, when I send an e-mail regarding any problem that I am facing, they usually never reply, or they reply in a few days.

I found my AMD key was an insert in the box the graphics card came in, usually with all the paperwork?

Do you still have the original box if so it might be worth a double check.

I will check the box again when I get home, and dobule-check all of the paperwork. Hopefully I'll find a key, I really like some of the games form their gold tier, or even from the silver tier. A free game for buying a GPU is good, and I want it!

Worst case email ATI and supply them with your serial. For them that can prove that you own it. Remember to register it as well. You might want to go to the manufacture of the card as well, as it probably isn't ATI (weird i know), they normally do the promotions. So if it is an XFX or something remember to contact them too. Even if they say no the customer service people are always nice about it.

I have just messaged the support regarding the Never Settle promotion, and I hope they will answer me positively. But, even if they do, I have nothing to lose, right? Only to gain. I will tell you what happens when they reply to me. Who knows, maybe they even give me a key. I think I'll be able to get Star Citizen with it.

I've read that AMD's support is able to verify ownership through the serial number of the card, so you should be okay there. The only confounding factor is that the slip with the printed key is not associated with the card itself, so they will not know whether or not you're just pretending to "lose" the slip and obtain a second key.

I have bought an R9 270x from a local store, and I have noticed that I didn't get the AMD Promo key that I should get if I buy an R9 270x. Is that only from certain stores, like buying from amazon, or newegg, or something, or is the key hidden somewhere? Do I have to do some special task to get the key, like registering the GPU on their site, and then getting a key? I really have no idea, and I hope I can get that key because it's the gold key.
I think it would depend on the store that would offer the promo code. What local store did you by your videocard from? What are your cpu specs? I would assume that sites like newegg would come with a promo code when buying a computer component. Wherever you bought the card from just try to call the customer service and see if the part was supposed to come with a promo code.