Have you seen the Overwatch Trailer? A must see upcoming FPS from Blizzard!

Squigly

Undead Gamer
Registered
Nov 10, 2014

Sickest trailer I've seen in a long while, almost could pass off as a animated film. Gameplay wise I think it might resemble TF2 a little. Signed up for the beta already, here's to hoping that I get a key :p

Just heard about it not too long ago. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of shooters. However, Blizzard is a very solid developer. I can't think of a single game they have released that wasn't amazing. Even though I'm not a fan of the genre, I'll be sure to check this one out.

It's just a trailer man. I never get exited for a game after watching a cinematic trailer. Knowing Bizzard, there'd be no story elements in this game which is disappointing to say the least.

This game really looks like TF2, so I hope that it will be as fun as TF2. I agree with pcgamer that cinematic trailers don't show the reality on how the game is like, so we still have to wait for them to show us some gameplay footage.

Blizzard has taken many hours from me over the years. But the idea of them doing a FPS sounds really interesting, and I'll follow the game to see how everything turns out. Like pcgamer, and jurew2, I ain't going to get excited much until I see some gameplay. The trailer itself would have been a little better if it would have featured a little bit of gameplay within it.

Here's the gameplay trailer:

Yeah, it looks like TF2, which is not a bad thing at all. I'll play it!

Blizzard has taken many hours from me over the years. But the idea of them doing a FPS sounds really interesting, and I'll follow the game to see how everything turns out. Like pcgamer, and jurew2, I ain't going to get excited much until I see some gameplay. The trailer itself would have been a little better if it would have featured a little bit of gameplay within it.

I love that Blizzard is able to give different gaming experiences and succeed really well. I played the hell out of Starcraft, which was an RTS. Then I got into Diablo 2, which was an RPG. Then World of Warcraft which was an MMO, and now they are giving us an FPS. Very impressive. Much more impressive than a developer such as Bungie. No disrespect to them, it just feels like their latest game isn't all too different than Halo. But if they are able to create great games like Halo and Destiny, more power to them. I think it's just more impressive when you show a bit of diversity like Blizzard does.

You know at first I was turned off to the idea of them making an FPS game, not that I don't think it looks fun because it totally does, but because I was hoping their new game would be something with more story type content. It is cool that Blizzard is making something totally different than what they already have though, and knowing them they will be able to make it into an awesome game.

I love that Blizzard is able to give different gaming experiences and succeed really well. I played the hell out of Starcraft, which was an RTS. Then I got into Diablo 2, which was an RPG. Then World of Warcraft which was an MMO, and now they are giving us an FPS. Very impressive. Much more impressive than a developer such as Bungie. No disrespect to them, it just feels like their latest game isn't all too different than Halo. But if they are able to create great games like Halo and Destiny, more power to them. I think it's just more impressive when you show a bit of diversity like Blizzard does.
I agree. If Blizzard wouldn't change the game types so often they would run out of ideas very quickly. I'm waiting for with game to come out and see what Blizzard did with their first FPS.

Blizzard revealed two more characters at the recent PAX. I find both of them to be pretty cookie-cutter though.

This game looks A LOT like TF2. The game play and characters are somewhat similar but at the same time it's unique and it looks simply amazing. The graphics and detail on it are on point and i'll give this a try once it's released.

This game looks A LOT like TF2. The game play and characters are somewhat similar but at the same time it's unique and it looks simply amazing. The graphics and detail on it are on point and i'll give this a try once it's released.
Indeed, some people are jokingly calling it TF3. Given how DotA 2 arose from a mod of Blizzard's Warcraft 3, I feel that creating new games based on popular older ones isn't too bad a thing.

It seems interesting but my motion sickness issues will have to make me sit out on it. :[

You know at first I was turned off to the idea of them making an FPS game, not that I don't think it looks fun because it totally does, but because I was hoping their new game would be something with more story type content. It is cool that Blizzard is making something totally different than what they already have though, and knowing them they will be able to make it into an awesome game.

I´ve been saying the same thing since they announced their LOL-clone. I wish instead of Team Fortress or LOL clones, they would try a Skyrim clone or a heavy RPG. I do not like shooters at all, and won´t be playing this one.