Has anyone played the Rise of the Triad 2013 game?

Profit5500

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I could remember 1994 being the year that the game Rise of the Triad came to the surface and wowed a lot of Doom fans. The gameplay was fast and very simple but added some innovative content. There were very unique looking enemies since they were all digitized and were roaming around trying to kill the player. One unique guard in particular is the triad lightning guard who would confiscate your missile weapon when adjacent to the player. I remembered that you had the luxury of having dual pistols which the bullet weapons had infinite ammo. The missile weapons had ammo so when you were out you were out. Missile weapons were devastating in Rise of the Triad which would make sense why they had ammo. I thought that firebomb was a total monster weapon in that game. The minute you shoot that weapon the screen would shake and then you saw that explosion in a formation of a X. The firebomb only had five rounds so you had to use it wisely. One of my other favorite missile weapon was the drunk missile because the volley of seven missiles would fly around and hit at random. The flamewall which I loved using creates a fiery wall that would incinerate anything in its path. Besides the flames there were also magic weapons like the excalibat which projected magic baseballs all over the place. The dark staff was slow but powerful and really showed no mercy. The music to the game was very catchy and I could still remember the old ROTT's Fastway track. I saw some footage for the new ROTT gameplay and it looks okay but some of the levels look claustrophobic. Has anyone played the ROTT remake?

I never even heard of it, much less played it. The way you describe it makes it seem pretty interesting though so I'll probably look into it more sometime soon.