Halo 2 Wins Gphoria

ActionHank

Staff Writer (PC, Xbox)
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Nashville
www.kat5kaos.com
Well Gphoria happend last night and Halo 2 and Bungie took the Gold. Winning Game of the Year award at the end of the evening, as well as the most awards overall, including Best Shooter, Best Multiplayer Game, Best Sound Design, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Boss for the game's Scarab battle, and even Best Male Voice Performance for comedian David Cross' smarmy antics"

I will let you guys post your thoughts before I post mine...

Haven't seen the show yet so go ahead and post, although I bet if old member saint bastard was still around he'd have something to say

It's G4 TV, the biggest joke to the gaming community since the EGM started their April Fools jokes. Everything they do is flat-out flawed and stupid. I'm just surprised San Andreas didn't win anything.

spudlyff8fan said:
It's G4 TV, the biggest joke to the gaming community since the EGM started their April Fools jokes. Everything they do is flat-out flawed and stupid. I'm just surprised San Andreas didn't win anything.

It should have won "Best Developer-designed MOD". :skellingt

Gphoria has not aired yet, but they already had it. It will probally air sometime soon, you know they have to edit it to make it look less crappy.

Gamespot made the news that Halo 2 won. But I do not blame g4 for this, because Gphoria winners I believe is voted by the viewers. So we have to blame is Halo 2 fanboys.

I didn't realize there were so many Halo 2 haters here.

spudlyff8fan said:

What's wrong with G4? I like them, what do they do thats so stupid?

Maverick said:
I didn't realize there were so many Halo 2 haters here.

I think it's really the backlash against people who say "Halo2 is teh BEST game 3VR!!1!!1!!!1!1one".

Yeah, it's a relaly really good FPS. But it's still a FPS. Let's face it, Halo 2 is not really accessible to gamers who have never really played it. On the PC, which is the provenance of all that is FPS goodness, people are still playing other games and wondering what those Halo fanatics see. They already did almost all of that stuff with Tribes.

But yeah, Halo 2 is a great game. Personally I though Katamari Damacy was the best game of 2004, but I'm just like that.

Maverick said:
I find nothing wrong with them, it's just that we are in a room full of haters, HATERS, nah, look around and you'll find people's opinion

Im not hating on Halo 2, I think Halo 2 is fun. I just do not think it should of won Game of the Year. Half Life 2 in my opinion was the better game of 2005. Plus wassent Halo 2 on Gphoria Last year?

Maverick said:

2 Letters, 1 web address and....some number of words.

X Play
Electric Playground
Cheat
Street Fury
Formula D
Judgement Day
Video Game Vixens
Arena
g4tv.com
Filter

(13)

To me, the only good show they have is Cinematech. The only other palatable shows are Attack of the Show and Unscrewed....which was cancelled, Icons and that's it. Each of those shows has a TERRIBLE host, no personality, lacking decent content, has bad writing, and should be IMMEDIATELY cancelled.

And GOD!!!!! The reruns!!!!!!!!

That's funny, because I find Cinematech to be the most boring show on the network.

The G4TV show is probably the worst, the hosts are terrible... but yeah, most of the hosts are relaly, really bad. They're either complete spazzes or dumber than bread. Judgement Day is the only show I sometimes like, and AotS can be good depending on what they're covering. And Morgan Webb looks like she used to be a man.

They also tend to whore themselves out, like when they were running the half hour Jade Empre "special" six times a day... whcih was nothing more than a glorified ad. Overall it's not a bad network, but there's room for improvement.

I'd have to say it is a BAD network for gamers. Hosts aside, who are pretty pathetic, their buckling down and bowing to any half-way big game is pathetic at best. It is quite, quite obvious they bow down to any publisher with a large, but open wallet.

And Morgan Webb isn't really UGLY. But it's pretty apparent that she has never played a game in her life.

--Oh yeah....

The Gphoria seems to be mid-2004 to mid-2005.

And For Halo 2 winning Gphoria last year, you're thinking of the Spike Award Show ::shudder::

spudlyff8fan said:
I'd have to say it is a BAD network for gamers. Hosts aside, who are pretty pathetic, their buckling down and bowing to any half-way big game is pathetic at best. It is quite, quite obvious they bow down to any publisher with a large, but open wallet.

I agree completely. It's pretty obvious that they're a company and they're doing what they have to do to rake in the bucks. Now, granted they don't have the resources to talk about every game out there, but it's true that they pretty much just stick to the big stuff, which is pretty annoying for people like me who love offbeat, crazy games. The Monster Rancher series is one of my favories, for example.

That's why I like Judgement day. They do cover the odd random title, and they do their "buried treasure" thing which is cool. But yeah, overall it's not that great a network. We could totally do better.

So with all the talk about how terrible G4 is, I take it that most of you would rather we have no channel thats devoted to gaming.
They have to show reruns because they're not the type of station that would show dramas, comedies, movies, the news, etc. They have to fill the time. If you don't like them don't watch them. I suspect thats what happened with Unscrewed- no one watched it so it got cancelled.
I will agree that some shows are weak like Vixens, Cinematech (when they show old games), Arena (if its even still on the air), and Street Fury & Formula D have no place on the channel. But I think g4tv.com is a good show, they give their opinions and also let you hear what the average gamer thinks too. X-Play can get off the subject sometime with all their jokes and songs, but I still agree with most of their reviews most of the time.
The only thing I've ever thought was strange about G4 was when the Judgement Day hosts gave the Bad Boys game a good review. Thats the only time I thought they got paid for a review.
Yes they can do better, but so can Mygamer, so can Sony, so can Microsoft. But its too harsh to say the hosts are pathetic, have no personality, the writing is bad, and attacking what a person looks like.
But hey, its only one opinion.

Xplay is annoying at best, on certain episodes. Their constant bitching, brooding over spelling errors, sodomizing, general disregard for anything but the most big games, and blatent ignorance of the hosts make it laughable. Cinematech I like usually. The cooler episodes like the E3 '05 trailer episode was great, or the "Now and Then" episodes. Some episodes can be boring though.

I do stick by my saying that the hosts and writing are just sad. Morgan Webb isn't bad looking, I think...

Well I like some of the color comments X-play has to offer on games. But in terms of actual reviews...they suck. I would take the guy working over the counter at a EB Games Stores opinion about a game before I would considers theirs. But that aside, I really don't think a channel dedicated to just video games would work. Believe it or not I like the Idea of the merger with G4 and TTV cause that way the channel would have multiple things to keep me interested, but then it turned out to be just a gimmick to cancel a bunch of shows and keep Xplay. Right now the only thing that keeps me watching G4 is anime unleashed...and sometimes a epsiode or two of Attack of the Show.

Im not sure if other people was running g4 would it be better, but if they covered a wider range of gaming related stuff (game conventions, lanparites, Esports, import games) then I would probally watch it more than 30 min a week.