Golden Eye64 Which System Should it Go to

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
This may be a very serious topic for some. What system will GoldenEye64 be on. It was A Nintendo made game. But Rare was sold to Microsoft. I beleive Nintendo bought the right for all of there games rare made for them. But EA owns the 007 series. So where dose the wonderful game fall. With Rev or Xbox. Maybe Both. or how bout Sony cuz EA may have a peice of the Action. This is a very serious subject. GoldenEye is one of the best FS games of all time. With out that Whre would HALO Be. If XBL gets it then it would be a plus.

It would be between EA and Nintendo. Pretty much the only possibility is a Revolution virtual console re-release.

So Rare has no say so in this at all...........................? This makes thing weird for me. I know Nintendo and more than likely there may not be a online co-op option on any of the games. But on XBL there could be a HALO multiplayer but GoldenEYE. that would rule supreem. since there is no offical date on HALO3 this could take its place. But I Fear that EA will either A. mess it up. or B. Wont do it. And thats why they suck

Thing is that Nintendo owned the rights to Bond at the time, which gives Rare the shaft. That is also why EA can't just make their own Goldeneye game. Like I said, Nintendo and EA would need to strike a deal.

oooo GOD that will take for ever. o well the Rev will have plenty of others to keep me happy in the time. PUnch OUT

Yeah. They can make as many Goldeneye-related games they like. But they can't make a game that actually is about Goldeneye, because Nintendo has the rights to it. I think that's how it is...

i dont think we will see golden eye outside its orgnal form. the owners of the rights of 007 will always make an exsample out of that game by never letting it see a profit agean sence to keep any other game devs from going agenst there contracts.

spudlyff8fan said:
Yeah. They can make as many Goldeneye-related games they like. But they can't make a game that actually is about Goldeneye, because Nintendo has the rights to it. I think that's how it is...

No MGM has the rights to golden eye, rare comited copyright infrengment by adding in chars. from other james bond moive that rare did not licnce. Insted of pulling the game off of shelf they reverted all right from rare and nintendo and resold them to EA. MGM will not every let a orgnal goldeye ever see the light of day agean.