God Of War Demo: When "Wow" Just Isn't Enough

GameGuyPete

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Ware, MA
You'd think that, with the releases of Champions: Return to Arms, NBA Street V3, and Shadow of Rome, I'd be knee-deep in playing these... but the God Of War demo that Sony's distributing is awesome. Combine a little bit of platforming, a little bit of puzzle-solving, a little bit of Shenmue-like QTE action, and a TON of hack 'n slash... and God Of War could end up being the PS2's answer to Ninja Gaiden.

Anyone else play it?

Yes, I got the demo from Sony. The gameplay and combat system really floored me especially when I realized the backgrounds didn't suffer during the combat sequences. The "mist" from the water, the rain and the blood spraying all had flawless visuals even when taking on multiple enemies. This game truly has pushed the envelope of the PS2 specs and the time they took to make it shows. I can't wait for this release next month, it's #1 on my "have to haves" right now.

I picked up the game on relese day, suffice to say the demo did it no justice. This is one of the most complete action/adventure games I have ever played hands down. If it wasn't for the GT4 release this year, I would already put this game as the game of the year candidate right now. After scrolling through what releases have been advertised, I don't see anything on any of the three systems (PS2, Xbox or GC) that will come close. Short of a breakthrough at E3, it'll be tough to touch this.

Virtual nerdgasm, they only game that might steal this games thunder is the new Legend of Zelda, which isn't released until the fall, that or Resident Evil 4

RE4 isn't even close. After breezing through the first two modes, Spartain gave me a migrane. Finally, to God mode I went...and it's where I still am...God #%$# those dopplegangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now, the only thing that stands a chance at taking the game of the year award from this is GT4, but that title has an audience that is pretty skewed towards the genre. I hedge my bet on GoW.

I have that game

Come back 2 bed Kratos

"Your reckless Spartan doesn't even call the Trojan Man for his soon-to-be infamous threesome minigame." -EGM.

BOIOIOIOIOIOING!!!!!!!!

Last edited: