Getting really close to buying a DS.

Super Mario

Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Medford, Oregon
One of the highest motivations leading me to buying a DS is the New Super Mario Bros. game. It just looks incredible. Well I might be buying a DS today or within the next few days. I think my first game will be Mario Kart DS. However, I was kind of curious. Does it just use the technology already in the DS to go online? I have a router that supports wireless connection, so that's not a problem.

Uhh...I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it doesn't necessarily require you to buy anything else to get online. Depending on your router, that is. Thing is though, Mario Kart DS is questionable when it comes to the fun level of playing online. The VAST majority of matches end in one of two kinds of cheating, Snaking or Powering Off. Snaking is an illegal technique (though, some question whether it really is illegal) where people will do the drift all the way through the game, which makes them worm their way from side-to-side of the track, in a snake pattern (hence, snaking). Powering off is not debatable in terms of legality. You turn off your DS when you're about to lose, or are simply getting your ass whomped.

It's a good game to play with online friends. But it's really not too much fun if you're not playing with people you know.

Yes the DS lite. and they got a new stylis that wraps around your finger. go to IGN to find out were to get it. But its cheaper the than the PSP. Do your self a favor get the 30gig iPod to save money if you a mp3 player and to watch videos. Get a DS to play games.

Yeah I know some people to play online with so that shouldnt be a problem. Plus I've always just loved playing Mario Kart by myself.

Another factor behind me getting a DS is that my favorite game FFIII will be released on it. I can't wait for that.

I'm also really interested in Meteos, looks like a blast.

Is this DS Lite worth waiting for, and will it be more expensive?

Nah it's out in May. And the price is like $150 or so. Could be less. and did you see that thing MY GOD ITS SEXY. Puts that Big a$$ PSP to shame. Dont forget to look for the stylis that wraps around your finger. it makes the gameplay better.

You should pick up Meteos. It is one of the best puzzles ive played in a long time. Read the review on this site in the DS section for more info.

but if you dont believe me, you can sample the game from the DS Download Station, which are placed inside Best Buys, GameStops, and GameCrazys around the US.