PC Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2005
Probably at Work
www.varms.net
Garfield
Gets
Real

Considering that I had to add no less then 10 Petz titles this week I pity the people who must make those games. I know that if you make a game insanely cute enough people will buy it, but you must really need work if you have stayed with the Petz franchise all along.

assassin's creed has me interested. It is super weird that it is embargoed on reviews until Wednesday morning though. The game informer score leaked and they gave it a 97.5. Heard a lot of rumblings that it isn't going to be that good. I have free money in the way of best buy store credit and was thinking of either that or waiting till next week for time crisis 4 for the ps3. the only difference being that time crisis is 80-90 dollars depending where you go, and assassin's creed isn't.

I dont know about the other people but i like th fighting games more. the game like war of Gods, Spider man, Raw Vs. Smackdown etc. Dont you guys like these kind of games.:india:

Those aren't fighting games. Fighting games would be like King of Fighters XI and Street Fighter.

Really, fighting games either have the word "Fighter," "Calibur," or a "Ken" somewhere in the name.

I like games that are good, not games that are defined by a genre. Just because it is fighting doesn't mean that I enjoy it. King of Fighters is awesome, Spider-Man hasn't been great since the second game, God of War is super fun but very short, and I never got into smackdown the same way i never got into Madden.

I am pretty sure that we all like many kinds of games.

really spuds? then how do you explain, Killer Instinct, Eternal Champions, Mortal Kombat, Weaponlord, Fatal Fury, Power Stone, Soul Edge, Battle Arena Toshinden?

And although it will be overshadowed by Smackdown VS Raw, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the ps2 is the game of the week for me.

Which of those series have had a game released in the past 5 years? Other than Mortal Kombat. But really, that was better left dead.

Though I was being half-sarcastic.

Soul Edge is Soul Caliber. Also it was not good. Battle Arena was also AMAZING for its time. Say what you will about it aging really badly, but at the time it look mindblowing and everyone thought that it was super deep. Please remember that when the first one came out was right around the time when Street Fighter 2 had finally started being way to much for anyone to enjoy, again.

And besides Power Stone, which isn't really a fighting game as much as a brawler, those games are all terrible.

I also look forward to one day being surprised that I found a copy of Fire Pro Wrestling somewhere.

Even more games out this week! Rock Band, Time Crisis 4?! How do I even find time to sleep with all this awesome being brought out?!

Also, John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland now beats Barbie as Island Princess for my favorite game I won't ever get a review copy for.

No crap finding a copy of fire pro returns is hard, I've had to special order the damn thing! Yes Soul Edge is Soul Calibur, better yet it's the first part to the soul calibur series. Games this week, I guess pretty much everyone is going to be playing mass effect right?

Considering that you won't be able to pick up a copy of Rock Band. I thought it was just my local area but most places around have only been getting enough to fill pre-orders or a very small number above that. It seems that your best bet would be to pick it up for the PS3 when it comes out, but I don't know if everyone has that choice.

I also heard that Time Crisis 4 isn't nearly as good as it should be, which is very, very disappoint.

Fire Pro was also in the release last week, but I don't know if it "made it out" which is an odd thing that has been happening recently. The same thing happened with King of Fighters XI, which my Gamestop told me was this week, but Amazon shipped me last week. Didn't really know the deal and just thought that Amazon screwed up the release date.