Gameboy games! (on ROM)

Inglenook

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I've been working my way through all the Pokemon games on ROM on my old university lap top lately and I'll soon be craving something new to play. Does anyone have any tips/links to good gameboy games? I'm thinking of playing some old JRPGs as I'm totally tabula rasa in those areas, any tips for you old timers that used to play the Gameboy?

JRPGs? Final Fantasy Legend I, II and III are great games. Lufia: The Legend Returns is another good one. I also liked Survival Kids a lot; you're a kid stranded on an island and you have to gather food and build shelter to survive, all the while unlocking the "secrets" of the island (like the show LOST, except good!).

If you're interested in Gameboy Advance games, there are a whole ton of good ones out there. Golden Sun, Shining Soul II and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance to name a few.

The Fire Emblem games for GBA are great, both Fire Emblem and The Sacred Stones. Be warned, the games are very hard, with perma-death for each unit. Learn the balance fast, and it'll be heaps of fun.