Game Boy Micro

I was a touch confused about our news post. It said the GBM will be backwards compatible with GBA titles. Is GBM a new platform or is it just an adaption of the GBA like the SP was?

this thing looks so small, I don't think I would be able to handle it in my big manly hands, Thanks but no thanks Nintendo, I'll keep my DS

Wow, what a waste of Nintendo's money. They could have made a product people will buy. Instead, we have another version of a PREVIOUS-GEN HANDHELD. Who would buy one of those when you can get a standard GBA for....half the price?

this new GBA will have a better lit screen than the SP and the D-pad and "A" and "B" buttons won't be clicky. Instead, they will have a softer touch. Game carts will plug into the bottom of the system, like the SP. Also, standard headphones can be used instead of the goofy adapter that you need for the SP.

I think it looks cool, but you dont need one if you have a DS or an SP.

Yeah, if it costs 100 bucks, then you may as well save up 50 extra and buy a DS, then you can have a current gen handheld which plays GBA games.

i would rather get a DS too.. what's the point of this one?

i guess it's maybe a little harder for the american market to understand....handheld gaming is way bigger in japan and i think commuter-gaming (not computer) is a much larger phenomenon over there too...so the ability to have such a tiny, yet functional gaming device is probably going to sell a lot more units overseas.

Who knows its the Big N something has got to be up with this thing, to really understand how your hands will handle a hand held you have to hold it and try it first

I really think the GBM is good for the casual gamer who wants to be able to play away from their TV. Let's face it, the PSP and DS are big, and you might not want to be carrying one around everywhere you go. The Micro seems truly small enough to go anywhere.

Of course, the downside to that is that because it's smaller, it's easier to misplace (ie., lose). Since the Game Boy market is predominantly children, this could be a problem.

To me it feels like Nintendo is just running out of ideas or is intentionally trying to be different which is really hurting its sales.

Instead of coming up with new ideas for games or even new accessories for their currently existing systems, they make a new system which is exactly like their old systems only smaller. Why do they need something smaller that the SP? The SP is small. It reminds me of that Futurama episode where Amy has a cell phone the size of a PS2 memory card. It's crossing the line between convience and stupidity.

Nintendo has always been trying to be different, but they call it 'innovation'. That's why the GCN used minidisks, the N64 stuck with cartridges, the DS uses a nearly-impossible-to-program touch screen and the revolution is rumored to use a touchscreen controller. They just need to, for lack of a better word, conform, and that will be their first step to re-establishing themself as a viable gaming company.