Game and Accessory Opinions

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Oi, Long time no post. I know.

I took a big long break from gaming, but now I'm picking up the torch again. I've begun a small savings fund (i.e. envelope of fives in my sock drawer).

I already pretty much know what games I'm going to get (Zelda, Mario Party, Elebits, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy, and later, Mario Galaxy and Metroid). Opinions and suggestions are more than welcome, though.

But more importantly. I want to hear from any of you who've tried various third party accessories (either of the availble wireless sensor bars - ASiD Tech, I-con and Nyko, as well as the various charge stations for the wii-motes). I'm leaning toward Nyko products. Seems like they're of higher quality than the rest. But what do I know?

In all seriousness, get the Cube version of Zelda. Despite my months of hating it, I chose to get the Wii version over the Cube version, and the inability to attack when you want to is simply frustrating. Especially with some of the more advanced sword techniques, the Wii controls just don't work.

In all seriousness, get the Cube version of Zelda. Despite my months of hating it, I chose to get the Wii version over the Cube version, and the inability to attack when you want to is simply frustrating. Especially with some of the more advanced sword techniques, the Wii controls just don't work.

I'm going to disagree with you on the control issue for one simple reason...some of the advanced controls were a bit harder then others, but they gave a more fluid experience in over all game play. They brought a since of reality to the game in my opinion...but that's just my opinion

Reality? You're a funny guy.

But yeah, things like the shield bash were near-impossible to do when you needed to, and even so, you still can't consistently do a regular attack. I don't know how many times I ended up going an extra knockdown with a boss because the thing wouldn't attack when I wanted it to.

Yeah, Cube version is simply better.

Hmmmm... I see your point. Though I never had an issue when I played through the first dungeon plus a bit of the overworld a while back.

Perhaps there's a knack to it that you're just not jiving with?

I bought the Wii for the motion controls, I'll suffer through the tough bits in the games that use them for the sake of using them. I believe the overall Zelda experience will be richer for the use of the Wii-mote over a standard controller.