Freelancer

Shimus

Registered
Jan 21, 2015
It was an old microsoft game in the vein of space exploration, jumping holes, and going from planet to planet working your way through ships. It was very fun, but very obscure and not many people remember it. For a game made back in the day that virtually had no advertisement, it was very very in-depth. Just look at how you warp from planet to planet and space combat. If a game could be like that back then, why is so very glitchy now if they try to run it on multiplayer platforms? I'm sure their servers aren't ran by hamsters but still it leaves me question.

If you've never tried it, I suggest a quick google search and snag it. It's not that big, and it's single player. It was also free (don't know if it is still) but I highly recommend this to anyone who digs Sci-fi. It kept me plastered to it.

Freelancer is similar to the game Elite, and really is what EVE was shooting for. I remember it well, it was a great game and had great pacing for progression... you felt like you always had something to do next. I think Star Citizen also is going to offer similar styles, but obviously with much more advanced graphics.

I remember Freelancer! It was such an incredible game for it's time. I always hoped they'd make an HD re-make of it, but I sure hope you're right about Star Citizen being fairly similar!