firmware ver. 2.71 is out, when's the next one

I checked out the new 2.71 firmware, and this is what I found out.
It includes the ability to play flash, in the internet browser, but if you have a smaller memory card, forget about it, the most you can do is play shorts off of www.newgrounds.com\psp. If you want to play flash games and things like that, you might wanna have atleast havea 1 gig memory card.

Also mentioned is the downloading of Game Demos for you're psp over the internet on you're psp. This is useless considering you can head to DCEMU and download the only demo I've known avabile. What also comes with the new update, is the locationfree player, which alows you to watch you're TV, ect over a broadband connection. But what you need is the freelocation base, which you have to buy. That is pretty awesome, but you have to have a wifi connection for you're psp.

If you want these features, I suggest you wait until the modchip for the PSP arrives, if you're impaitent and don't even know how to work roms and stuff for the PSP, but you want more games, and you have the 1 gig card. Then go ahead and update, but you can't downgrade you're PSP if you are unhappy with the update.

damn that update sucked. 2.70 was better. btw u dont need a gigabyte mem stick in order to play flash. it uses the internal mem(ory)-(for the new kids). But make sure that you're not using the cache(DO Not Use Cache). if u have a question about the psp (anything even if u think it's a dumb one) send me an email at psplovr@yahoo.com

Last edited: