Ffxii

I was hesitant to pick it up due to the time I spent on the Dragon Quest 8 demo, but I cracked "what the hell it's final fantasy" and I can honestly say I'm really enjoying it, the intro alone piqued my interest, and the story seems really good, I'm also at the point where you escape the palace and just barely started using gambits. Too be honest I'm glad I picked it up. It's definitely not what I'm used to as far as the battle system, or not as Grandia-ish *great battles system* but it's definitely got me wishing for more playing time! last game that made me do that was RE4, yes I'm a jaded gamer!

heres a question, I don't know how many people have gone this far, The Zodiac Spear, I know there are some treasure chests you are not supposed to open, but screw that, I also heard there was a way to get it in the Hennes Mines or something like that, without having to go through all that crap, anybody? PS. Balthier kicks Lockes ass

kurruption said:
heres a question, I don't know how many people have gone this far, The Zodiac Spear, I know there are some treasure chests you are not supposed to open, but screw that, I also heard there was a way to get it in the Hennes Mines or something like that, without having to go through all that crap, anybody? PS. Balthier kicks Lockes ass

This is what I've found on other forums, but I have not confirmed this. Nor is there any story of anyone actually completing this:

"you must have at least 10 espers and then talk to one of the Garifs at Jahara, if I am not wrong, is the one that was near the cockatrice, after talking to him he will give you the key to open the locked door at the place where you fought Tiamat previously."

And the coup de grace...the percentages for actually finding the Zodiac Spear this way:

"The chest only appears 10% of the time
Of the 10% that it appears, it will have gil 90% of the time
Of the 10% of the time that an item is in it, it will be an elixir 90% of the time. it will be the zodiac spear the other 10%"

In other words, 1 percent of the time, the Spear will be available. This is the so-called alternative to the whole "Do-Not-Touch-the-Treasure" crock...possibly.

Having reviews a few gamefaqs notes on the weapons of FFXII, is it just me or are they trying to make those "best" weapons nearly impossible to reach? Did they figure it out when people played Chocobo Race of FFX until their eyes bled from the awful that no distance was too far for their fans to cross?

I really hated that chocobo racing. Curse those seagulls.

I'm working on Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for GBA until I can get my hands on XII... and I've got to say, FFII was an awkward piece of work, but the good things they took from it (a story with main characters) definitely improved across the series when combined with the simpler play of Final Fantasy. Cursed keywords!

A friend of mine who is playing through this game has started it over 3-4 times already. She got far enough along that she knew the best weapons and stuff were out of her reach without starting over. She loves it (but won't let anyone watch her play). From what I've seen, it's pretty slick.