Favorite thing about Chrono Cross

Profit5500

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I could remembered the game called Chrono Cross which was a RPG game done by Square Enix years ago for the PS1. I could remember people who had the PS1 were in love with the game. That was when RPG games were fantastic especially for the PS1. I liked it very much but did not get to play the game my brother did. The game had one of the best battle music for when you fight the enemies. I mean there were lots of things to like about the game and the battle system was not really too complex. I think it was a bit like the CTB system used in FF10. The thing about Chrono Cross was that it was filled with excitement and had a enriching storyline. I really liked the swallow weapon that Serge had. It had two blades on it and was very cool looking when you use it. There was the ability to pair up with certain characters and do a tag team attack. Like if you paired Serge with Glenn then you would be able to do X-Strike. There were so many characters it was tough to keep up and you had the option to switch out certain characters in your party. With so many characters in the game it leaves you with so many endings. My favorite part of the whole game was the battle with the Omni dragon he was huge and the battle was long. The music was a perfect fit for the battle and when you thought about it made you feel that was the final battle. What was your favorite thing about Chrono Cross?

The soundtrack was absolutely beautiful in that game. I remember internet sources were really limited back when my sister and I played through it so we had to order an Japanese imported soundtrack on CD.

The soundtrack was absolutely beautiful in that game. I remember internet sources were really limited back when my sister and I played through it so we had to order an Japanese imported soundtrack on CD.
Yes man that soundtrack is something else. I always loved the Another World track and the battle theme tracks. Hands down the Omni Dragon music is the best out of all the soundtracks.

I really liked the story, it's a great JRPG to start off with if you're not familiar with the genre. With the Millenium Edition remastered version it looks really great as well.

I really liked the story, it's a great JRPG to start off with if you're not familiar with the genre. With the Millenium Edition remastered version it looks really great as well.
I only have the original version of the game for the PS1 never got to play it since my older brother had the PS1 in his room. I too loved the breathtaking storyline which I truly do not see in today's RPG's.

I'd have to say the soundtrack, above all. While I find it hard to believe it as a sequel to Chrono Trigger, overall the game itself was very entertaining. The music was superb, the battle system was fun and intuitive, and I really didn't have to do a whole lot of grinding, which was a problem prevalent from RPG's during the PS1 or SNES era's. Plus I just overall enjoyed the storyline.

I have songs from Chrono Cross on my Ipod to this day and the game had so many great and memorable characters. I'm pretty sure I still have the game somewhere. I would play it again if I had a tv. I am the kind of gamer that has to level up all the characters, so it was extra fun having so many in this game.