Favorite Sega Game

nafretiti

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
Upon remembering one of my favorite all time game stations, Sega was my favorite. Sega had a few games that you could play on it, I'd like to know what your favorite game was?

My favorite game for Sega was Sonic The Hedgehog, really enjoyed doing all the levels with him catching rings and really enjoyed the games you could play with tails. Tails was one of my favorite characters including Sonic of course, however my game counsel was stolen when I was young. Being really upset about it we eventually got a different type of game counsel,I believe it was a Super Nintendo. I also used to play another game for Sega, I believe it was street fighter or something like that. Those days seem long gone now, please feel free to name one or more favorite games that you have had.

I have to say, that my favorite game of all time, for sega was one that I don't think very many people knew about: Beam Rider. I loved that game so much, I played it forever. It was a very simple design, and basically, you rode a beam...but it was addicting and I enjoyed it. I also played sonic....But another all time Favorite was Alien Storm!!!! I loved alien storm!

You are right, I have no idea what Beam Rider or Alien Storm is.I'm not even sure how long the Sega was out because I had to of been maybe 10 or 11 when we had one, possibly a bit older. Beam Rider does sound interesting to play, let alone now days the graphics are better on game counsels. Do you think that the games we used to play would look a lot better on the televisions that we have today?

My favorite was definitely Streets of rage. I loved that game so much I finished each version multiple times, and I hardly ever put in that much effort to finish games. I suppose a lot of it has to do with the fact that they didn't make it too hard to reach the end, but all in all I just find those games to be very well made and well balanced.

Upon remembering one of my favorite all time game stations, Sega was my favorite. Sega had a few games that you could play on it, I'd like to know what your favorite game was?

My favorite game for Sega was Sonic The Hedgehog, really enjoyed doing all the levels with him catching rings and really enjoyed the games you could play with tails. Tails was one of my favorite characters including Sonic of course, however my game counsel was stolen when I was young. Being really upset about it we eventually got a different type of game counsel,I believe it was a Super Nintendo. I also used to play another game for Sega, I believe it was street fighter or something like that. Those days seem long gone now, please feel free to name one or more favorite games that you have had.
Sonic the Hedgehog was also my favorite Sega game. In fact, it was the sole reason I owned a Mega Drive.Though there are a large number of games to choose from, Sonic was, and still is, a classic. It is one of those timeless games that define a console and a generation.

Other favorite Sega games for me include Mortal Kombat II, NBA Jam, Road Rash 2 and Streets of Rage which had one of the greatest soundtracks of any video game in my opinion.

Jet Set Radio and the Sonic Adventure games are at the top. Rayman 2 isn't far behind either, even though it's not a Dreamcast original it's easily the best version of the game if you ask me.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's my favorite Sonic title out of the Genesis collection, and I think that it's the best 2d sonic game ever. It's long, being 2 games combined into one. It also has fantastic level design and a fantastic soundtrack. It's perfect.

There's a bunch of them out there that stood out. R-Type, Robocop Vs Teminator, Kensiden, Golden Axe, Rhastan, and Phantasy Star. There's a bunch more, but this was awhile ago.

There's a bunch of them out there that stood out. R-Type, Robocop Vs Teminator, Kensiden, Golden Axe, Rhastan, and Phantasy Star. There's a bunch more, but this was awhile ago.
I really enjoyed Golden Axe also. I replayed this again not too long ago and I must admit, it has not held up well. Conversley, I recently picked up R-Type from the Google Play store and thoroughly enjoyed replaying this.

No contest it has GOT to be the Sonic games. I have liked Golden Axe and some others a lot too but Sonic definitely tops the list.

Was always more of a Nintendo guy as that was my first system but I enjoyed Sonic on the Sega.

I liked Phantasy Star II and IV, Shadowrun, and the Sonic the Hedgehog Games. Later genesis versions had me enjoying the Lunar the Silver Star Story.

Sonic 2 is the sega game I played the most and enjoyed the most. Sonic 1 is a bit tougher than Sonic 2. Finding about the debug code is the most fondest memory of any video game. Alter Beast is only other game I played as a kid on the genesis.

My favorite Sega game of all time has to be Streets of Rage 2. I can still remember the first time I played that game. I was absolutely blown away! I spent so many hours on that game, and I finished it so many times. Another game that I really loved was Sonic 2. I remember playing with my older brother and he always made me play as Tails. He would end up leaving me in the dust more times than not.

While my favorite series as a whole for Sega is, like most people, the Sonic the Hedgehog series; it isn't my favorite individual game from that company. Rather, it's more of a tie between Streets of Rage (despite it's similarities to another game) or Golden Axe II. This is probably because at the time I had access to anything relating to SEGA, I was a pretty big into fighting games.

Our first system was Family Computer but I never got addicted to Nintendo's mascot up to this day (I do play Mario Kart occasionally though...reminds me of Crash Team Racing). I fell in love with Sonic because of the Sonic the Hedgehog games I used to play in the Genesis Megadrive system. My sis and I loved playing together in Sonic 3 and Streets of Rage 2. We were kids back then and she was always Player 2 lol...her choice. It was so fun. Good times.

I would always have to go with Sonic The Hedgehog and all of those games from Sega. I mean, it's one of the most classic franchises ever, despite the fact that most of the later games were utter crap. I can name almost a dozen terrible Sonic games and only a handful of good ones, most of them being the first few games.

I would always have to go with Sonic The Hedgehog and all of those games from Sega. I mean, it's one of the most classic franchises ever, despite the fact that most of the later games were utter crap. I can name almost a dozen terrible Sonic games and only a handful of good ones, most of them being the first few games.
I must agree. All those years playing Sonic on Sega Genesis! I feel that lately Sega has gone away from their roots which is a bit of a shame really.

My favorite would probably be Sonic. I remember that I used to come home from school and just go play Sonic, really fun times those were.