Favorite Open World Game(s)?

Kitty Reeves

Registered
Jan 19, 2015
I'm a big fan of open world games. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, GTA and etc. My all time favorite is Fallout 3, though Assassin's Creed and GTA are close seconds. There's just something so fun about exploring areas in a game and discovering new things. It kinda of satisfies my exploratory nature, which is nice, because I'm far too poor to travel a lot. Open world also makes games feel much more then you're having an adventure, then just playing a game to simply beat it.

What are YOUR favorite open world games? Got an all time favorite? Do you like open world games, even? :D

Originating from somebody who truly appreciated "Resting Mutts" and Mafia 2 I thought GTA was a bit misrepresented. I'd presumably put it third on my rundown. Other than that I discovered worthy motivation and games like LA Noire not justified even despite the cost of affirmation whatsoever. Saint's Row was additionally on route over the top for my enjoying. I truly loved the reasonable and story driven methodology of mafia. They didn't generally pull any punches diluting the story either. They kept it develop and it played out like a film. I additionally thought actually the gunplay and everything in the middle of was truly better in dozing pooches and mafia. So was the driving. LA Noire stepped it up yet was still a venture back imo. I wish you didn't need to be a hooligan in all these games however. Appears like such a great deal increasingly might be possible with the class.

It's hard to say because all games from your post fits to my "favoruites". GTA, AC, Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon Age. There are a lot games I really like and can't decide which one is the best. I love open world games but only if you can interact with environment. Far Cry 3 was also a brilliant open-world game. ;)

I think Skyrim is the clear winner in terms of replayability, content and freedom. The large amount of mods further add to this. Until GTA V comes to PC, I don't think there's really any contest.

It is hard to go with anything but Skyrim for this category. I think GTA did a good job also, but Skyrim is more a world simulator than a game. The main quest is something you can easily ignore.

Assassins creed and GTA would be my favorites. For some reason I never got too interested with the other titles, most likely just because I don't find the themes too interesting, but these two games have given me months worth of entertainment.

Elder Scroll games are some of the best open-world action/adventure/RPG series I've ever played. GTA series has been a good overall, especially the voice acting and comical content inputted into the game. Just Cause games have done well to compete with GTA games, and it has its own unique game play style. MMORPG games like Everquest, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Elder Scrolls Online, and many others are good to play.

While I enjoy just driving around and listening to music in GTA and sightseeing in Elder Scrolls I have to admit that my favorite open world game is STALKER. The world feels much more alive than any ES game that I've played. Probably because of the way the AI was coded, there so much unpredictability in the way NPCs behave that you never know what to expect. They have goals, move from base to base, attack enemy strongholds, help each other and much more without anything being scripted.

For me it's probably Morrowind, at least if we're considering the open world aspect. I enjoyed playing Skyrim more (never quite got into Oblivion) but the lack of instant travel in Morrowind made it feel huge. I loved trying to track down quests by actually having to look at the scenery and follow certain routes. Sadly, we probably won't be seeing many games quite that "unfriendly" again since people generally prefer the convenience (and yes, I realize you could play Skyrim/Oblivion without quick travel... but it's different when you don't have the choice to begin with)

There very first game that comes to my mind when I see the word Open-world, is GTA series. There is no doubt that this series is the best gaming series of all time. There is no one beating it, at least in near future. Apart from that, there are games like AS, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs etc.

That's easy... wait, no it isn't. My love for Morrowind is only rivaled by Stalker: Call of Pripyat with the Misery Mod. They're both so damn atmospheric and fun. I gotta say though, in terms of gameplay, Stalker has Morrowind beat. I love running around the Zone with my trusty FN2000. Sniping dudes from miles away with it is so satisfying. Those bloodsuckers still scare the living daylights outta me though.

Fallout 3 and Call of Pripyat for their vastly different takes on the open world hellhole genre.

Fallout 3 is fun and goofy with its carnage while Call of Pripyat does survival horror in the open world. They're just too different for me to pick just one.

I played MMORPGs because I need "Open world" environments to feel 'like I'm inside' the game. This is also true of the GTA; vice city mainly was my love. Flying around in the tank. Murdering people in GTA:5's online. Wherever the genre or game goes, I love open-worlds. It's fun to interact with other live humans and not just cpu controlled AI.

Grand Theft Auto is definitely one of my favorite all time game series. I haven't enjoyed the newer Assassin's Creed, but I still am extremely fond of that game series. I just wish they wouldn't have changed up the plot the way that they did(I'm trying not to spoil anything for anyone so I'm refraining from specifying).

GTA is a classic open world game. I truly enjoy it. WoW and Planetside are 2 that I love aswell.

I would have to say skyrim is by far the best, the only problem I have is the loading time of the loading menus, but other than that it's a fantastic game! I also like GTA 5, that was an amazing game. A game I would suggest people try is the game called The Forest for PC. It's an early access game but it's absolutely amazing! The backstory is your on a plane, and it crashes into an island thats occupied with cannibals, and you have to try and survive as long as you can.

There are so many out there it's hard to pick. Skyrim is definitely on my list though. There was so much to do and explore and I absolutely loved cause I could my time and enjoy the game itself instead of having to rush through all these different missions. Assassin's Creed games and Watchdogs were also very good games. The game though for me was Fallout. I played that game so many times.

Minecraft. I love all the different Biomes and stuff that are able to be modded into the game. I love to just explore and see what the game engine can come up with. If you haven't played in a long time give it a try again and install the Biomes O' Plenty mod.

There are so many great open-world games but if I had to pick one it would be Fallout New Vegas. The main quest can be played many times over for different factions which encourages re playability, the characters are interesting, great combat system, cool weapons, a vast desert to explore and the side quests are well designed and live up to the quality of the main quests It's easily one of the greatest games ever in my opinion