Favorite game music

Any game that Jeremy Soule has worked on has an absolutely amazing soundtrack. Some of my favorites are from the Guild Wars and Elder Scrolls franchises. Guild Wars 2 is probably my favorite of the bunch though despite my not actually liking the game.

Agree, Jeremy Soule is awesome! I have a special nostalgic place in my heart for the music he did for the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets game - I spent so much time when I was a kid playing the PC version. I even think I kinda prefer this soundtrack to the actual movie soundtrack...

Final Fantasy 7 and 11 soundtrack, Metal Gear solid 2. Very nice in my opinion.
Final fantasy music is very memorable. It's very well made and of course the repetitiveness has something to do with it too. I'm just happy that it's good music so at least you don't mind hearing it many times over and over.

My favorite video game music is Street Fighter II.

I could listen to this on a loop all day long and not get bored of it. It brings backs so many fun memories.

Oh, man, that's an easy question. Of course the best music has to come from the GTA series. I even got to know some bands I never heard before while playing those games. Also, the variety of music genres in those games really makes you feel like you're really in control of the radio stations.

Any Final Fantasy fans here? Such a great video I found, Preludes from all the FF games:

I really like the skyrim music. Sometimes I even listen to it while I'm studying or working. It really helps me concentrate

I really liked the shanties in Assassin's Creed IV, but as for something I keep coming back to, definitely Hotline Miami. Such a fantastic soundtrack, and it has introduced me to so many fantastic artists and their works! Not to mention that the fast paced tracks did fantastic in combination with the fast paced and crazy gameplay.

Chrono Cross has a fantastic soundtrack. Scars of Time remains one of my favorite pieces of video game music. More recently, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow had a completely stellar soundtrack, came with a soundtrack disc in the box in fact when I bought it. It's just great, I still pop it in and listen to it every now and then. Epic score and epic game world design, that game is under appreciated.

Growing up, I was a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series. I first noticed the music in Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo. For a 16-bit system, the music was amazingly layered and nuanced. Not only did that series dedicate more tracks to music than any other game of it's time, the music itself was memorable and evocative.

Final Fantasy VII took that trend one step further by releasing a soundtrack with the orchestrated versions of their game music. The music is hauntingly beautiful -- the first few times I listened to Aerith's Theme I actually got kind of emotional because it called to mind pivotal events in the game.