Favorite Free-To-Play Steam Game

lexinonomous

Registered
Oct 16, 2015
It seems like Steam is releasing a new Free-To-Play game if not every day, at least once a week. The selection has gone from few to many in the last two to three years. I have yet to check out every game in the free section because I'm already stuck on a few I haven't tired of. Occasionally you may even come across a unexpected treasure.

Out of all of the Free-To-Play games, which is your favorite?
Have you found any hidden gems?

Wildstar for sure. It was one of the gems of 2015 for me. I heard about that game while it was still pay to play and subscription based, and many people said very good things about it. Now, after actually trying it and playing it, I have to completely agree with the positive reviews. Wildstar is by far one of the best MMORPGs currently available and I highly recommend it to just about anyone looking for a new MMO.

Reactions: lexinonomous
Crusaders of the Lost Idols is a good game and has you fighting the enemies and also you can plan the strategy and think about what to do next and also enjoy collecting the gold, and also try and play as much as I can. It can take some time to get used to the game and reminds me of the Clash of the Clans game and it is kind of similar which you fight and collect loot and make stronger armies, which can help you win the wars you engage in. I hope more games come out like this and also it is nice to play this in the afternoon and also in the weekend as I have more time to invest in the game and enjoy the time that I play in the game.

I Haven't really played that many free to play steam games, other than TF2, but there's this one other small indie game called Missing Translation. It's simple, small, doesn't take too long to complete, and is a fun ride. As far as free games go, this one is one of the best I've played, but I haven't played that many either so don't expect took much of it. It's a puzzle game, without any explanation or words. You just spawn somewhere and explore on your own. The black and white theme of the game is interesting but frankly started hurting my eyes after a while. I don't recommend playing more than 1 hour continuously lol.

Crusaders of the Lost Idols is a good game and has you fighting the enemies and also you can plan the strategy and think about what to do next and also enjoy collecting the gold, and also try and play as much as I can. It can take some time to get used to the game and reminds me of the Clash of the Clans game and it is kind of similar which you fight and collect loot and make stronger armies, which can help you win the wars you engage in. I hope more games come out like this and also it is nice to play this in the afternoon and also in the weekend as I have more time to invest in the game and enjoy the time that I play in the game.

This is one of the Free-to-Play games that I haven't tried out. I really enjoy playing through strategy games, so this might be something I'd be interested in. I'll give it a download and check it out this week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Defiance. Path of Exile is another good one but I really like Defiance it keeps me busy when I need an escape from having a bad day.

Warface is my favorite free-to-play Steam game. I've been playing this game for almost two years now, and I never get bored playing the game. Since this game is free, at first I thought it wasn't good enough, but then after playing for a while, I was completely hooked on it! I would recommend anyone to try this game.

I've played Realm of the Mad God since early 2011. If you're good enough at WASD dodging and you grasp the keys to progressing in the game--one that is permadeath--you'll learn to make quick decisions, balance risk:reward, and achieve great things. It's a source of hours, days, weeks, months of gameplay if you get into it. You can do it completely free (I've never bought weapons/armor), but in order to support the game I gladly bought vanity items (dyes/cloth, skins, etc.) and ease-of-use features (e.g. more character slots, vault chests for storage, etc.). The game is down for security maintenance now, but come join us when it's back up! It's certainly the best flash-based, in-browser top-down rogue-like-like twitch WASD dodge-n-shoot MMO I've ever played. ;)

Right now my favorite is Battlerite as I think it's pretty unique team arena brawler. I find it to be very competitive and I enjoy playing the game with my friends.

What else? It is DOTA 2. The most popular Steam game and the most number of players in Esports. DOTA 2 or the Valve Corporation is doing job in controlling the game for the players. They always update the game and there are patches every two weeks which will challenge the players to adopt or create new meta.

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to free-to-play games on Steam, but there is one game that my friend dragged me into and I ended up clocking dozens of hours on it. It is none other than the space ninja simulator itself, Warframe.

Sometimes I find it insane that Warframe is a free-to-play game. There is so much content, so much to do, and you don't have to pay a penny for it. Of course there are starter/booster packs for getting a leg up against other players, but for the most part, everything that can be bought can also be earned in the game.

Not to mention the developers actually listen to their community as well. I'd highly recommend Warframe to anyone interested in a fast paced, third person shooter/hack and slash game.

My kid loves Yugi-oh on steam, actually we both play the game. Its a good way to have fun and at the same time have a little bit of bonding. I have several steam games but this one is special to me.

Free to play games are good because you don't have to worry about spending any money on getting it but personally, I'm not a fan of such free games because of ads. I easily get irritated when ads interrupt my gaming sessions thereby giving me a horrible gaming experience.