Favorite Console of All Time

The Vita is my favorite console. It's the one I've logged the most hours playing games with and the device I've had the most extensive library on. Lots of great experiences have been had and will continue to be had.

I'm definitely a nintendo girl myself, so I'd say that nintendo 64 of the DS. Probably the 64 just because of all of the amazing memories I had playing it when I was a kid with my best friend, but at the same time I have really been missing my playstation lately!

My favorite consoles are the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Genesis. I love the fact that the Nintendo 64 allows for 4 players with all the games and it so much more fun to play with 3 additional persons than 1. The Sega Genesis was the first console game I played.

The most fun I had on consoles was on NES, SNES, N64 and PS1. I didn't own any consoles past PS1 however I did play them at my friends. It seems after PS2 that the line between consoles and PC got very thin. Most of the games, except for very few exclusives, are available for all platforms.

Sega Genesis. Actually it was the only time when I was playing games where I felt the need to play something that was better than a computer game. Some of the sports games were done really well. there was a golf game that was excellent. Nintendo had a lot of the platform games, but they were never my thing.

I've got to hand it to Playstation 2, because most of my gaming memories are from using this console system. Although I enjoyed the original Playstation by SONY, the second generation totally changed how games were played, especially the analog thumb-sticks on the controllers which were not used much for prior console systems. Then you have all the great games that crossed over (Resident Evil Series, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear) from previous gaming console systems and newly created ones (GTA III/San Andreas, Devil May Cry, God of War). I still play my PS2 to this day.

One thing I take into consideration when thinking about my favorite all time console is its life span, it is for that reason why the NES still ranks so high on my list - a 20 year life span is unparalleled, even the PS2's life span was only 13 years by comparison.

Sega Genesis. Actually it was the only time when I was playing games where I felt the need to play something that was better than a computer game. Some of the sports games were done really well. there was a golf game that was excellent. Nintendo had a lot of the platform games, but they were never my thing.
Same here, I was always more a Sega fan than Nintendo but I never got to play any of their sports games aside from NBA Jam which was super excellent. I spent so much time just playing that game and getting good at it. I tried playing it now and I'm back to being terrible though.

I'd have to say N64 will always top my list of consoles then a great big skip to PS3 then PS4.

Тhе оnlу rеаl соnsоlе І hаvе sреnt sіgnіfісаnt tіmе рlауіng іs thе Νіntеndо. Тhаt wоuld bе thе fіrst gеnеrаtіоn, оrіgіnаl $110 соnsоlе thаt саmе wіth 2 соntrоllеrs, а lіght gun, аnd а саrtrіdgе fоr Ѕuреr Маrіо/Duсk Нunt (аs sееn іn thе vіdео: Тееns Rеасt tо thе Νіntеndо (ΝЕЅ) shоwn оn thіs quеstіоn раgе.
І рlауеd еndlеss hоurs оf Маrіо, аnd а соuрlе оf hоurs wіth Duсk Нunt. Lаtеr оn, І bоught Віоnіс Соmmаndо, Вlаstеr Маstеr, Κіd Ісаrus, sреnt wееks рlауіng Меgа Маn, ТМΝТ 1 & ІІ, gоt mу butt hаndеd tо mе bу mу bіg brоthеr рlауіng Rаd Rасеr аnd Ѕuреr С, аnd lаtеr sреnt mоnths skірріng hоmеwоrk tо рlау thе ultіmаtе gаmе оf аll Νіntеndо Ніstоrу:
Drаgоn Wаrrіоr.
Тhе сurrеnt gеnеrаtіоn оf kіds knоw thе Drаgоn Wаrrіоr іntеrfасе vеrу wеll, аs іt wаs thе fоundаtіоn fоr thе Роkеmоn hаnd-hеld gаmеs.
Сеrtаіnlу thе Ѕuреr Νіntеndо wаs аn іmрrоvеmеnt, thе Gаmеbоу а grеаt орtіоn fоr рlауіng оn thе gо, but nоthіng bеаts thе nоstаlgіа оf hаvіng thе оrіgіnаl ΝЕЅ hооkеd uр tо а СRТ ТV аnd thаt grеаt Drаgоn Wаrrіоr/Ѕuреr Маrіо musіс рlауіng.
І trіеd thе Ν64 аnd fоund іt dіsаstrоuslу unрlауаblе. І dіd gіvе іt а sеrіоus еffоrt.
Тhе Хbох sеаlеd thе dеаl fоr mе, wіth іts сlunkу grарhісs аnd оvеrрrісеd gаmеs. І bеgаn іgnоrіng thе соnsоlе mаrkеt аltоgеthеr, аs muсh аs аnуоnе саn dо thеsе dауs wіth thоsе “рlауstаtіоn” соmmеrсіаls runnіng аll thе tіmе.
І wоuld lоvе tо gеt mу hаnds оn аn оld ΝЕЅ оr sоmеthіng thаt І саn hооk uр tо mу 42″ НDТV аnd саn рlау Drаgоn Wаrrіоr 1, 2, & 3 аs wеll аs Ѕuреr Маrіо. Вut іt wоuld hаvе tо bе lеss thаn thе оrіgіnаl рrісе оf thе Νіntеndо (ΝЕЅ).
Νоstаlgіа аsіdе, І wіll hаvе tо wаіt а fеw уеаrs untіl оthеr раrts оf mу lіfе sеttlе dоwn, sо І саn аffоrd tо sреnd thе tіmе rеlахіng wіth thе сhаllеngеs оf thе оrіgіnаl gаmіng sуstеm…

Mine is the original Sony Playstation. It took me 2 years to convince my stepdad to buy me one and now I look back I can understand. I spent hours playing Ridge Racer, Crash Bandicoot, Fero and Cloyd, the original GTA and of course the Tekken series. Also the jump from the 16 bit cartridge based computers to the compact disc ones was so vast, with the complex controllers and the new phenomenon of games loading!

My favorite console would have to be the Playstation 1. It was my first game console and I had lots of memories of it as a child. The games were also cool with lots of genre and what I like to buy were RPGs, multiplayer fighting games, shooting games, and the popular ones. The Playstation 1 is also very close to my heart because my brother and I became closer because of it while we were playing together and also it was so far the best Christmas gift we received from our parents.

For me it's the PlayStation 2. I got it on release (which here in Brazil was kinda of a big deal, with the console costing the equivalent of 2000 dollars at the time), and so many friends went to my house everyday to play. GTA III was probablye my favorite game during the early PS2 days, but then came Gran Turismo 3, GTA Vice City, and Guitar Hero, together with a ton of other varieties of games to seal the deal as the best console.

NES has always been my system. I had this system when other children my age bracket had a SNES. It was always my go to system. I have more emotional connection to that console than all else.

I would definitely go with Nintendo Wii as I find it more interactive compared to other gaming consoles.

I really dont have a favorite one because I've really enjoyed most of the ones I've had. But if I had to pick just one, it would definitely be the first Playstation. I think it's mostly due to Metal Gear and Syphon Filter. Those two games really got me addicted to the console. The only other console that came close was the SNES, and that was thanks to Street Fighter.

PS1 is my all time favorite. It had some great innovating games, and I enjoyed the racing games the console had. I still sometimes hook up my PS1 To play some Colin McRae rally.

Reactions: henry55
Ohhhhh man. For me, it's a toss up between the SNES, or the PS1. While I enjoyed my N64 as a kid, and it has a lot of classics on it, I can't help but get nostalgic for either of the previous mentioned consoles. The SNES I remember fondly spending long evenings with my brother, or friends on weekends just playing games on it. Super Mario Kart, Kirby's Dream Course, Mortal Kombat, or even Street Fighter. Or even just playing on it by myself with Final Fantasy 3 (6), or Chrono Trigger. But the PS1 was there during a particularly rough part of my life, and I spent hours playing their JRPG's that are still dear to me today. Final Fantasy 7, Xenogears, ect. It was such a leap forward technology wise, and had so many fun games that I could just play the entire PS1 library and be happy as a gamer.

For nostalgia purposes I would have to say the N64. So many memories of play that console, and so many memories of crushing my brothers at Mario Party. I can still feel the blisters on my palms haha. But just for quality for its time I would have to choose the PS2. So many amazing games for that system that were so far ahead of their time.