Duck Hunt... Wii style.

I got to play the techdemo that was similar to duck hunt. However, we did not use the zapper shell. We just used the remote and pointed it at the screen. The demo was two player though. We went through target circles, clay pigeons, and ducks. I won, but just barely. The other guy did a much better job of hitting the bonus points targets. For such a simplistic game, it was incredibly entertaining. I could see it finding much purchase on a college dorm hall where competition rules.

Curious: are there going to be more shells than the pistol-grip shotgun shell spudz linked to? Surely.

Also, are there going to be buttons on the grip of the shells? I think that they should design a shell so that you can plug the wii-mote into it at a certain angle (depending on if you shoot left or right handed) so that you can access the buttons on the wii-mote with your other hand that would be holding the barrel. Doesn't look like that's possible at the moment since the buttons are facing upwards. They would also have to design it so that the wii-mote is attached more towards the middle of the gun rather than at the end, as it would feel awkward to use at the end if you ask me. It would be better this way than to have buttons on the grip, at least more ergonomically sound in my mind.

Ah, the pistol grip was a mock-up by IGN. Not sure what to make of the "official" one Nintendo has up. I'll need a better look at it.

I think that these really "simple" games are some of the most fun for me. I have always liked the arcade-esque shooters myself and I love the dream that I will not have to pump quarters into a machine at Gameworks to get s.ome solid gameplay.

:scotland:

Same here. It would be cool if you could do melee attacks with the gun by actually swinging the butt of the zapper around or something similar. Maybe they could bring some Gunblades a la Final Fantasy VIII into a game, and you would have to do the cutting motion and pull the trigger at the right time for critical damage.

More to the point of adding extra buttons or using the wii-mote, it probably wouldn't be possible with my idea of inserting the wii-mote at an angle since the trigger on the remote has to strictly protrude where all triggers protrude from the frame of a gun. And the reasoning for more buttons would be for certain controls in more complex shooter games like the ability to jump or roll or duck, as that would be kind of hard in my mind without the necessary buttons.

BTW, I like your avatar, cuinneas. It has a cool texture to it.