Do you wish you waited on getting the One?

Sugarhill

Registered
Nov 12, 2014
Since I didn't have a choice, I am glad that I probably won't be able to get one until this upcoming season or maybe early next year. But, I do believe that I wouldn't have been too upset if I had been able to get one last year. I love the Forza series and that alone would've been worth the value to me.

I know that there are a lot of complaints that it isn't "game centered" enough, but for me, it becomes all about games when I put a game in to play, so I have no problem with being able to use it for other reasons outside of gaming.

But, if you bought it last year, are you bothered by the price drop and the no longer mandatory Kinect purchase?

Rule of thumb for every piece of new technology that comes out. Wait a year before purchasing. Let all the early purchasers deal with all the bugs. Give time for the manufacturers to build the patches. And finally let it drop in price around christmas or black friday.

Rule of thumb for every piece of new technology that comes out. Wait a year before purchasing. Let all the early purchasers deal with all the bugs. Give time for the manufacturers to build the patches. And finally let it drop in price around christmas or black friday.

Yup.. well said. I FINALLY learned my lesson this generation. Every other generation, I got a console basically right when they came out. I got pretty lucky and my consoles lasted 3-4 years before dying on me (still not great, but better than it dying on me immediately), but I still think waiting is better. My last console I bought was the PS3. It was extremely expensive, and there were barely any games I wanted for it, but I had to have it, so I got it on Day 1. I honestly didn't use it a whole lot until MGS4 came out and, by then, the price had dropped $100 and there was a bundle which gave away MGS4 for free. I guess the only positive for me was that I had full PS2 compatibility, but I owned a PS2, so nothing really stopping me from using that to game. The first year and a half with the PS3, I basically just used it to play PS1/PS2 games, which felt like a waste.

I've learned my lesson this time. I'm waiting it out. It's been a year now, so I have a better idea as to what console I want. I'll probably still wait a bit more and get a good deal on mine. I think a year after is a good time to get a console. Cheaper and more games, bugs all sorted out, and you'll have a better idea as to what console you want.

I'm still waiting on the XBOX one. I'm doing just fine with my 360. I'll wait for the price drop, I'm in no rush, now when they stop making games for the Xbox 360, I'll be first in line to get the Xbox one.

Well, I'm not an early-buyer of technology, ever. I will never buy a console on day one, because I know well enough that Day 1 consoles are always the ones that malfunction, have terrible connection to their respective online's services networks, and basically are buggy, as they're the first of their line. I think that people should not instantly pre-order their consoles the moment they're announced, but stick around and see how good of a console it actually is.

I haven't had a chance to purchase on either, and I'm glad I haven't had that chance yet. I'm going to be purchasing a PlayStation 4 before I get a Xbox One as well, so I will have a pretty good idea of it's flaws and what I will love about it. Everyone that I know who has an Xbox One really loves it though.

I have no problem with what I ended up after purchasing the Xbox One on day one. It's a fine console, and I can confidently say the same thing about the PS4. Everyone's going to complain about new console releases until they're just actual PCs, and we know that's not going to happen anytime soon. There's nothing wrong with the One, except perhaps the titles that are only coming with 900p resolution. That's a little annoying.