Do you play Emulator games?

I use it to play Gameboy Advance Pokemon games on my laptop. Can't figure out how to use my joystick to make it easier to play. Tons of classic games for free!

I used to emulate on my PC, but since I have gotten a more powerful Android device last year, I find myself being able to emulate everything I usually did on the go. I still emulate the Wii and Gamecube on my PC, through the Dolphin emulator, but that's starting to transititon to Android too, so I probably won't need to emulate anything on my PC in the near future.

I absolutely adore emulator games and I play them all the time. For me it's a good way to relive my nostalgia, or go back for games that I wasn't ready for in my youth, that is why I enjoy them so much. I'm not sure I would be so into them if my old systems worked, but as it stands I think they're an absolute gift to the gaming world.

Last edited:
Hah, great question. I used to play a few emulated games(PS2 and PS3) a while ago, but of course I've played them only for pure curiosity. I don't think someone would keep playing emulated games. Yes, emulators give you the posibility of trying some exclusive PS games, but it's kinda awkward to play on an emulator.

I played some on my old laptop which unfortunately gave out on me just before Christmas last year. I had so many emulators on there too and I loved to just collect everything from the ones I got to play as a kid and also trying out everything I missed out on such as games on consoles I never had.

i definitely have some emus running. mostly ive been abusing my PS2 emu with god of war, since ive never had a playstation ever. now i get to see what everyone was talking about.

Since I got rid of all my consoles from moving around so much, I looooove emulators. I love that kick of nostalgia from going back and playing old games. I always go back to the same ones over and over...Legend of Zelda, FFX, FFX-2 (don't judge...), Secret of Mana. It's so comforting to be able to go back to my childhood so easily.

I always wanted to play Red Dead Revolver because I love western games, and we all know there's just a few of them out there, so I installed the PS2 emulator on my PC, and I must say that it works pretty good. I've been thinking of giving the Xbox emulator a try just to see how it works.

Every now and then I go back to my roots and play SNES games, mostly RPGs and the MegaMan series. That era of RPGs was really amazing, and this isn't the nostalgia typing, since I didn't get to play most of them until I became an adult. Chrono Trigger is the one I always go back to play. Secret of Mana is definitely in the list too.

Yeah. I have a n64 emulator on my computer. Brings back so many memories lol.

This absolutely! A game that I consider underrated for the N64 is DK64. But that one might be the nostalgia talking. This console had so many good games. I think it was the most influential of my childhood, since it helped me communicate with my brothers easier, and every time I come visit her my aunt has Mario Kart 64 cartridge ready.

I have a Sega Genesis, Gameboy Advance emulator It is good, but I like playing the some of these games. People seem really friendly so I had to catch them while is a good chance.

N64 with starfox.....its like the video gaming equivalent of a warm blanket.

also, altered beast and all the sonics for genesis.

Emulation is practically the only way I really game seriously anymore. Mostly because of money/time constraints. Plus, there's just something fun about firing up an SNES emulator, playing some old school JRPG's, or playing Goldeneye on an N64 emulator for an hour or so before work.

It was only recently I found out what an emulator was!I miss my old games, which are either hard to get hold of these days or tend to be quite expensive, so this is a great idea! I have just downloaded one to my laptop and have already started playing through all of the old platform games i use to play as a child!

Super Mario is going to keep me awake for hours!

Not so much these days as I am more interested in recent gaming consoles. But I used to use emulators all the times. Even bought a controller for my PC so I could game on them better. However, as I said, more recent consoles don't allow such privileges.

It was only recently I found out what an emulator was!I miss my old games, which are either hard to get hold of these days or tend to be quite expensive, so this is a great idea! I have just downloaded one to my laptop and have already started playing through all of the old platform games i use to play as a child!

Super Mario is going to keep me awake for hours!

PREPARE TO BE FAR LESS PRODUCTIVE.

also, welcome to the fold brother.

so for SNES, im using ZSNES, for Wii/Gamecube im using dolphin, and i also have a PSX2 emulator which i cant remember the title.

does anyone else use dolphin? i have trouble sometimes getting a second remote to work.

Not so much anymore I used to play more, now I don't have the time. I have tried the emulators for Wii/Gamecube, GBA/DS, SNES, N64, and PSP. But the most I have used are the PS1/2 emu since I don't have a PS and they have really good RPGs like the Tales Series, and Xenosaga. The others are mostly for nostalgia's sake.

I have found some of these emulators I use on pc on Android and now I am hooked especially the psp emulator. I have been playing some psp games on my phone and it is so cool. I just wish that they will make an xbox emulator soon because I would love to play some of those games.

I mostly play GBA emulator games since I lost my charger. Another pro is that there's a save mode, haha. Although I use that option mostly for the conversations -just to see what would happen or what they would say if I choose the comedic answers.