Do you play browser games?

RonaldG

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
I guess I"m kind of old school but I still do enjoy a browser game or two occasionally. There are some flash games that are really well programmed and offer quick fun. There are also longer text-based browser games and some low-graphics requirements ones that are MMOs.

I wonder if anyone still plays browser games? Any memorable games you've played in the past?

On my list are neopets, runescape and Earth 2015. Some of these games were actually pretty great time sinks!

I don't dismiss a game simply because it is browser based. Minecraft was browser based for a long time before they finally released a standalone client. Right now there aren't any games that I play using the browser. Some in the past other than Minecraft were Runescape, Nation States, and a plethora of bad city builders.

I used to play Runescape. I really do not play much browser games like before. The only one that I play once in a while is Realm of the Mad God. It's pretty addicting.

I remember playing a lot of flash games in the past. My favorite at the time was Alien Hominid which was an indie flash game uploaded to NewGrounds and it was so fun, and also the animation was great as well. I heard those guys eventually made a version for consoles but I don't think it got too popular.

I do have to admit that I dismiss browser games, I consider them "cheap junk food". My experience with them have been meh, it's always been the games as a standalone client that I play and, have a much better experience with. Basically I prefer my time to be spent on high quality products, which I consider standalone games to be, most of the time anyways...

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing and Neopets, but it feels like most browser games have declined into obscurity nowadays. Probably because it's so easy to download a game client now with better internet speeds and hardware. Also the prevalence of Facebook games and mobile games have probably eaten into its share of players as well.

I used to play the Quake browser game for quite a while. It was the best thing ever some years ago when I was still in school. Imagine playing some serious Quake matches with 3 of your classmates between lessons, that was just too great. Nowadays, I rarely play anything related to browser games, since there are so many great, cheap games all over the internet, and I'm at home most of the time anyways.

I played Quake Live, but only for a couple of hours. Recently I found a couple of very interesting browser games. First one is called The Last Door, it's a completely free classic horror p'n'c game. The second one is a bit weird, it's a game that you can play only once, you can try it here. I wasn't able to beat it and of course there are ways to cheat and play the game again but I haven't done it.

I played a lot of browser based games at New Grounds a few years back. Spewer was one of the memorable ones. Oh, Fancy Pants Adventures was an interesting game too. Then we have Adventure Quest and Mech Quest. Before I got bored of it...I played games on Facebook. Battle Stations was my favorite then.

I cannot forget the games from Armor Games, Kongregate, And Miniclip. Those were the days. I rarely play Browser Games now though.

Back when I had a really bad computer New Grounds was the go to place to play flash games.

The quality was all over the place of course.

There's plenty of sites out there with good, deep browser games tho like Radix24 said.

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing and Neopets, but it feels like most browser games have declined into obscurity nowadays. Probably because it's so easy to download a game client now with better internet speeds and hardware. Also the prevalence of Facebook games and mobile games have probably eaten into its share of players as well.
I feel the same. I used to play my fair share of browser games but it's like they've vanished. I think one site I used to play a game on was AOL. I went back to look for games a while back and it's not the same. My favorite was a game with celebrity trivia questions. I think it was called Celebrity Outburst. Like I say I don't think it exists anymore.

Currently I am playing PokemonPets. Yet again something that my older sis introduced me to xD But I have also played games like the stuff on "CoolMathGames" or "Shockwave", some of my favorites being Gravity Grid, Bloxors, and the World's Hardest Game. Dear god the World's Hardest Game... I still haven't beaten it yet. Of the 30 levels, I made it to lvl 29...

Some of the video games that I played most often as a kid were free browser games. I played Runescape quite often until I eventually got bored of it. I also used to play a lot of random games that I would find on Addicting Games. Nowadays, most of the browser games that I play are through Ninjakiwi. Bloons Tower Defence and the Zombie Assault Games are both pretty fun to spend a little bit of time on.

Most browser games that are up now are very much pay2win. They put very harsh restrictions on what you can do in a day unless you pay for more ´energy´.

I am playing a rather good game right now called Illyriad. It is basically a city builder MMORPG but it has a looong playtime, unlike most web city-builder games. Things are very slow and it feels more like a MMO rather than a typical browser game. The one fault I have with the game is that it is the opposite of play2win. There isn´t much reason at all to spend real money, which has probably caused the dev team to not push content as fast. They are very anti-p2win, and I think it slows down the development of the game because nobody really spends money. It has a very complicated crafting and trade system that reminds me of EVE.

for clarity, the neame is illriad Which I think is another flaw of the game, the name is not distinguishable and is hard to pronounce and spell.

I never liked browser games, I tried a whole bunch of them but I've always left with the impression that its all about paying to win (notice how the first 10 - 20 levels are usually the fastest and makes you spend on the rare freebies?). But I did find out that really caught my interest was City of Steam: Arkadia. I often forget its a browser game when I'm on full screen.

If I come across something that that I liked I'm not going to dismiss it because it's browser based. I haven't played any in a few years, but I used to like a lot of the old school titles when I came across them like Centipede or Galaga. There's just so many other things out there that browser games are a thing of the past.

I used to be addicted to Miniclip and Kongregate. By addicted, I MEAN addicted. Then I got hooked to Runescape which I played for a long time but eventually quit that too. I do remember playing Club Penguin a while back, though.

Haha, I used to go on Shockwave every day and play Diner dash, I think it was :p:p. Nowadays I don't really see the appeal

I occasionally play some very intense tetris mid-class that will annoy and confuse most people if they are watching me. On topic though, not really, very rarely, whenever I feel the need to game a bit I am usually in the comfort of my home, or have my phone near-by.

Although I am not exactly a hardcore gamer by any means, I tend to stay away from browser games as most of the just turn out to be a total waste of time and money. Why not stick to something better instead?