Disabled Cell Phone Features?

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
So, i was watching Attack of the Show the other night, and in The Loop they were discussing how cell phone providers disable alot of stuff on their phones......They said they do that so that they can make profit back up for giving the phone to the customer for next to nothing.......Ok, real big problem with this one, who's fault is it that they gave away the phone almost for free??...........And better yet, with devices like the PSP out there (as it pertains to games), who actually would be crazy to add on or download all of these "exclusive" features for their phone??....I can understand if you have a Blackberry or the Bluetooth Smartphones, but even then, how much is enough?......I can say i have downloaded one game for my phone, WPT hold-em poker, but that's it.......But i guess my main point is that i've seen "all exclusive" features that you can buy at a flat rate or montly fee......I'm really not impressed by any of them, i don't think they have been truly tested fully before they are sent out to the public....I know how much my cell phone bill is for a family plan, and i don't see justifying adding more it.....But now there are some companies out there that are giving my carrier....coughNextelcough......a run for their money......These same companies are bringing out their phones with alot of the things unlocked right out of the box....Thoughts????.....Opinions???...........Anybody!!!!!!:eyebrow:

i know what u mean. on my old motto phone *shrugs* (that freakin broke twice) in the settings, there was a shortcut for the radio but even if u use it it dosnt do anything. im not quite sure what u mean by the money.