digital download or not?

I do download some games but those are mostly indie games, otherwise I will go and buy the physical copy. Like you said, I like having that shelf full of my games to be able to play whenever I want. So I have always been more inclined to buying the physical copy of the game than downloading it. The other time that I will download a big game like Call of Duty or Lords of the Fallen is if PlayStation Plus or Xbox Gold is offering it for free.

Getting a game for free is definitely an incentive that I think we all love, haha!

With games like this though, generally they're not going to be the new releases, and because if that they winter take up too much data and also won't take long to download.

Another factor when it comes to downloads is your internet connection and speed. If it's going to take you 24 hours to download a game, your obviously going to just choose to buy a physical copy I would have thought.

I have downloaded a few games recently actually but I do tend to prefer buying games physically. The problem with digital downloads is that we still don't have enough space on our consoles to download loads of games digitally. I only have three digital games but I'm already running out of space because of how much space they take and the fact that even physical games on the PS4 require a lot of space for its files. It's quite annoying really and hopefully its sorted out for the next major console.

I think there's pros and cons to both. Downloading it means you're not in the risk of damaging the disc. But you're lacking the collection value. Buying a physical disc has that nostalgia feel to it and the excitement to go to the game store to buy a copy of a game you're dying to get. Though there is the risk of losing the physical copy or damaging it.

I'd say around 80% of my games are all digital. There are a few reasons:

1) PS store has really, really great deals and discounts very frequently.
2) It costs way less - I can buy 2-3 games for the price of 1 physical.
3) It requires no disc to play so you can easier switch games.

I definitely think that the majority of people nowadays just go with the digital versions unless they really want that "feeling" that you get when you hold the actual game's box in your hands.

I'm also in the completely digital camp. I just have no need for extra clutter from the discs or cases, as I'm no collector, so might as well go for digital versions. Sure there's the downside of not being able to re-sell anything, but then again I'm so lazy that I bet I wouldn't end up selling my completed games anyways, so this is a bit of a moot point in my case.

Over 80% of my games are digital downloads. They are a lot better in my opinion. The disc copies are cheaper but they are harder to maintain. I have a few game disc that are damaged.
It's been at least 4 years since I purchased any video games on disc. It's been all digital downloads for me. It's far more better than disc games for me. Yes, the disc can easily be resold but I would never sell my bought games.

I don't own as many physical copies of video games anymore and I mainly get my video games from steam.

Ever since digital download became more popular and more frequently used by many, the majority of my games are not digital and I barely ever use the disk tray on my console at all now unless I get the game physically because it was a good price or on offer.

It's a mix. I have both hard copies and digital downloads. Hardcopies I generally get collector's editions for games I'm extremely interested in.
It's always good to have a mixture of both digital and hard copies of games. Although, I have more of digital games copies than hard copies. But I'm trying to start collecting games and it's going to be hard copies.