Did you guys see the Spike TV Videogame Awards?

The VGAs is nothing but a carnivalistic spectacle and with all the collagen and plasticinhanced body parts, very grotesque. Mainstreaming the VG industry might sell more games, but the games themselves are focusing way too much on the superficial aspects that are perpetuated by the crap we saw on Spike last night.

:( You guys are a bunch of haters. I love how gaming is being whored out and.....:( ok, I dont. FUCK SPIKE TV

Yep, it was terrible. I'd have rather seen Jason Rubin, Kaz Harai, Ted Price, Miyamoto, etc. handing out awards than some hip hop gangstas. The guys at Penny Arcade did a write up since they were actually at the show, saying that the process begun by the PS1 is now complete, as video games have gone totally mainstream, much to the detriment of their original fans. Still, we have the Indie scene, as does Hollywood when you want a diversion from the shitastic sequel-mania and canned idea factory. Hopefully companies like Blizzard and Perfect-Dark-era Rare will keep standards and innovation high priorities.

who the hell are all you people and what the hell are you talkin about when the hell did spike have the thing???
damnit i miss everything :w:

Halo 2 could've won every catergory. Um, EQ II could've beat CoH for mass multi of the year...Tommy Lee could have worn his traditional sac-pouch thong combo.....it could get worse, trust me

I didn't watch it afte the first one my god it was award 20 minutes of music then another award THERE WERE NO AWARDS my god it was stupid