Despair Caused by Civ 4

kwilson

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Philly
So I finally got my hands on Civ 4 and much to my despair, the video card in my laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I'm going to update the drivers and see if that works. If anyone else has any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them.

she's gonna upgrade her system. oh yes..and i forgot i'm supposed to be REVIEWING civ 4...geez. guess i'd better get these damn monthlies and quarterlies done. i might have some time open up for me tomorrow at work.

---

oh and spuds... tell us what console runs civilization 4 or something even close to it and i would consider your statement.

It's not even a real graphics card is part of the problem. I have a laptop so it's integrated into the motherboard. The base requirment for Civ 4 was a graphics card with 128M and I only have 64M. So this weekend I'll be picking up a new graphics card so I can play other games that I have'nt been able to play on my laptop like Pirates! I love Sid Meier's so very very much. And Pat because he is the one who makes sure I have a steady supply of Sid Meier's games.

Dammit all to hell! I can't get an upgrade! There no longer appear to be upgrades designed for a PCI slot and the ones that would require me to take apart my laptop aren't good either. I can turn the game on and everything - I can even play but I can't see the terrain. I can see units and stuff like dyes and stone. My video card should even meet all the requirements, but it doesn't have hardware transform or lighting. I am sad.

The desktop I have access to is even older than my laptop. The processor can't handle Civ 4. As for the video cards - there are PCI ones available but they're a generation old and can't meet the game requirments. At least that's true of all the ones I've seen. If you know of a graphics card that can go in a PCI slot and meet the Civ 4 minrequiremtns I'll give you my firstborn.

Sorry. You were right. I don't want a graphics card for a PCI slot but for a PCMCIA slot.