dayz anyone?

Morvack

Registered
Nov 12, 2014
Anyone play dayz? I have played for a while, but can't find a server I really want to call home. Either the server is a money grab, a vanilla server, or its one where you spawn in with an m4 a1 suppressed. Anyone able to recommend a server? Also, favorite dayz stories? :)

I don't play DayZ, cause I don't have it. I want to and I heard a lot about it. My favorite videos to watch is from KYR_SP33DY and his crew playing DayZ. They make me laugh.

I don't know much about any good servers, but I do have a story:

My Brother, his friend, and myself were waiting in a large apartment building waiting for another group of players to wander in. We're waiting on the 19th floor and my Brother's friend is prone on a balcony scoping the area out. Then, halfway through our steak out, I hear my Brother yell to his friend that his character was slowly beginning to clip through the balcony... we couldn't stop it... He fell through the balcony and as my Brother walked out onto the balcony to look down, he fell too... I was the only one left at our vantage point and I didn't have any weapons. It was just a weird buggy moment.

Are you talking about the standalone alpha or the Dayz mod for Arma?

I think many people are moving over to the alpha, so there's probably less good Arma servers remaining nowadays...

`Dayz used to be a good game, but they are experimenting a bit too much with this game now. At the same time, they are making it frustratingly hard to play. I don't want to die every 2 minutes.

I've played the Day Z mod for ARMA, and it's good overall. When one spawns without any firearms, at night and no vehicle or other player around, that's when the zombie screams and moans freak the heck out of me. Yet, when players are able to group up and make a full out assault on a town infected with zombies, that's when I go Rambo style and unload everything I can shoot, throw, and smash!

Although, I do wish to play the standalone, but the download is quite excess for my 8 year old computer tower.

Are you talking about the mod or the standalone? The last time I've played standalone, a few days ago, there were normal servers without these crazy add-ons. I suppose you're talking about the mod then. Last time I've played the mod was a year ago or even before that. That's a shame if there are no good servers anymore, I kind of wanted to play that again, the standalone is just too different for me and nothing too special.

I mean the mod. I want the standalone. Indy4s, that is crazy XD.

I was once playing with my nephew, and we were heading to an island with an army base on it. He wasn't there yet. I was making out like a bandit, getting an m4 surpressed, tuns of silenced stan agg clips, and even a tent. I was fired at on my way out of one of the barracks. I went back into the barracks as quickly as I could. I grabbed a sniper rifle , and made a mad dash for the medical tent. He was in the medical tent reloading. When he went to switch guns, I scoped his head and blasted it off his shoulders. That was a heart racing moment XD