Damn this body!!!

a little of both. I had a story in my head. The characters and what they stood for. Next it was to figure out a specific problem and how they would solve it. That was the hard part for me. The character interaction and dialogue came naturally. Once I started writing, I began to develop a rhythm. After a while, I was figuring out an ending.

The story for my book has been bubbling around in my head since about the middle of high school. I tried starting the first book several times in college with unsatisfactory results. Then in March 03, I started one version and now I am 350 some single spaced pages later. I don't use an outline at all. In the afterword of The Gunslinger Stephen King says, in other words, that outlines are for bad writers. I am not sure how serious he was about the comment, but I think he meant that it is bad to not allow the story to go where it wants to go just for the sake of sticking with an outline. King has said numerous times that The Dark Tower saga has "written itself." I thought he was crazy until I wrote my book. I have more structured ideas about my whole overall story, but this first book was pretty much entirely written on the fly. I would sit down with an idea of where to take a particular chapter, but the overall story just flowed out of me. And now I have characters and situations that I had never planned on that I need to fit into the larger story somehow. It is kind of exciting though.

How about damning these bodies:

wpvi05242005keitz4.jpg

or
3204490-fat.jpg

Do I really need to add anything?