controller price

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
SIXAXIS to cost $45US (estimate based on Yen price).

Wiimote is $40, but nunchuk is $20. Yet Wiimote is also a pointing device, which SIXAXIS is not. If you think about it, the only thing that SIXAXIS has that Wiimote doesn't is the analog sticks.

I still say Nintendo is pricing fair compared to the others.

And you'd be saying wrong. Good for Sony for releasing a reasonably priced controller. The Xbox 360 controller is ridiculously over-priced and the Wiimote is just stupid.

Imagine the cost of buying enough controllers to fill all the ports in the PS3...... at $45 a pop that's about $315 before tax (assuming a package comes with one.

They will be $50 right of the bat. We alwyas get dupped on pricing in the states. I mean they already dropped the price of the Ps3 in Japan but not here in the US.

Darth_Jonas said:
Imagine the cost of buying enough controllers to fill all the ports in the PS3...... at $45 a pop that's about $315 before tax (assuming a package comes with one.
Yeah, but the PS3 isn't a multiplayer console. You'd probably just need one more for fighting games.

Good point. And now that you mention it, Prince, I believe you're right. They need the Japanese to buy into their market. They don't care if the US market starts slow, it's the Japan market that could swing to Wii and 360 that they're concerned about. Japan has been the capitol of their kingdom in recent years since the xbox and PC's have taken a bite out of their western market. If Japan goes cold on them, they're in serious trouble.

Yeah, Sony is the only of the companies that really needs to worry about Japan. But really, Japan is LOVING the PS3. Hell, in Japan, Dragon Quest is ALL that matters. If Dragon Quest 9 came out on the Ngage, it'd sell millions of Ngages.

Yea not only that buy Final Fantasy also. They love those. But let us not forget the PS3 will Tank if America does not enbrace it. Yea it could do ok in Japan. It can sell in Europe but America is where the money is always at. We are the money capitol of the world. Remember the PS3 is suppose to launch Blu-Ray into every home. If the US does not car about it or it does not fly then it could tank. But then again Neo Geo lasted for years in Japan, so who knows.

They really don't care THAT much about FF. In fact, FF12 got outsold for a while by Guilty Gear XX Slash. FF is actually just sort of a side thing for them. Dragon Quest 7 sold like 8 millions copies IN JAPAN ALONE. That's twice as many copies of DQ7 sold than Gamecubes in Japan. Dragon Quest is ridiculously popular in Japan. It isn't even funny.

But yeah, if the PS3 doesn't catch on in America, it's gonna be a problem for Sony. But it won't be because of the Bluray not taking off. It'll be because of EA. Seriously, EA is expressing more and more dissatisfaction with the PS3 and PSP. If they do to Sony what they did to Sega, that'll hurt big time.

But you're quite off-base about the Neo Geo...

Yea EA screwed Sega good and well, and they almost screwed Xbox but they soon came around, But now NBA Live or Madden at launch of the PS3 will Hurt them baddly. I know that Madden is in the pipline but no detail if it comes this year or early next year, unlike Nba Live where as they don't even think it's worth putting out because they have to have one for next year, and the ammount of systems being produced. Kinda like how THQ dropped WWE from coming out..

But Neo-Geo did last long in Japan, longer than over here, and NEo-Geo Pocket. And I know of the DQ craze but still FF is a popular game regardless. DQ is like the Mario and everything else is just Mario like games.

Yeah, but the Neo Geo was really an arcade board. It had a home version, which pretty much didn't exist. You can't really compare it to any of the actual home consoles.