Comic Books into movies poll

Which of these comic books would you like to see made into a movie?

• Captain America (a decent version)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Iron Man

• Silver Surfer

• Thor

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Wonder Woman

• Green Lantern

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Nick Fury

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Lobo

• Savage Dragon

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Martian Manhunter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Solitudinarian

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
Denver, CO
There are literally hundreds of comic book characters that can still be translated into film. I selected a handful for the poll to facilitate the conversation, but please feel free to offer up amendments after you've voted. Some of the choices are already in pre-production, but it doesn't mean that they'll be made anytime soon.

Yes, the $10 budget version of Captain America made me cry. However, I would like to see Wonder Woman on the big screen cause that would be, like, hot.

There was a Nick Fury movie starring David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury. There aren't words to describe how terrible it was. A remake starring Samuel L. Jackson (the Ultimate version of Nick Fury is clearly based on him) would rock.

I want a Green Lantern movie with Kyle Rainer as GL. Because John Stewart and Hal Jordan are lame.

A Flash movie would also rock.

Nick Fury was rumored to be in X3, is he not? I donno where I heard that.

Anyhow, I would like to see a movie based on S.H.I.E.L.D., so Nick Fury it is!

Lobo could be awesome. You could have a similar backdrop as "Chronicles of Riddick".

Thor could be good. I've seen an old made-for-tv movie that was corny, but if they took the path of the Ultimates it might be worth watching.

How about flick dealing with Maxx? That was a very unusual book and it could be something special. There's also a new series called "Hatter M." (I think) that is a completely different look at "Through the looking glass" aka "Alice in Wonderland".

I was one of the unfortunate souls who lived through the Hasselhoff 'Nick Fury' movie, that is why I wish on every falling star that the next one will be remotely interesting and with a moderately decent cast.

P.S. Did anyone besides me see the Man-Thing movie? Holy Craptacular, I have never been so embarrassed returning a movie to Blockbuster. Yikes.

What about a new Dr. Strange movie? I mean, there was that TV Pilot they put together in 1978, but nothing since.

Stop being so negative spuds - no one cares what your opinion is.

I'm not sure, but I think they might be making a sequel to Batman Begins. It would be cool if they ignored the other movies and just strated over fresh in the Batman franchise.

They're also making a sequel to the Fantastic Four movie, which is too bad. I'd only condone it if they recast everyone but the Thing. Maybe the Human Torch could stick around too.

What I would love to see is a Cross Over movie. You can't swing a dead cat in the Marvel Universe without seeing Spidy all up in Wolvy's business- lets see him swing his way into the new Wolveriene movie they have in the works.

I know Sony has the rights to Spidy and New Line (?) has Xmen, but for the love of all that is good- Think of the Children!

I just want to see some Sentinels. Sadly, the budgets for the X-Men movies never seem to support them. Sigh...

You're right, Kate. They need to throw down some serious cash on some good comic-book movies. Look at how much they spent on Titanic! And comix are way better!

There is a sequel on the way to Batman Begins.....It's gonna be a new and improved Joker in that one.....Not much is known about that one....You know, screw the individual ones.....Let's get a Justice League of America one