Cheap crap in games!

i used to have a crush on that mouse as a child. then, later in life...like a few weeks ago, i looked at old birthday party pictures of me at showbiz and there was at least one of the mouse. CREEPY! what was i thinking. i'm glad i never got anywhere with her....*shudder* :yuck:

Nintendo does use Mario far too much. Mario Sunshine was okay , it wasn't as good as the fanboys would lead you to believe. Can you believe Nintendo is putting out a Mario DDR game. Insanity.

Last edited:
kurruption said:
yeah, the metroid music sucks though, right everybody :afro:

Obviously you're not a golfer. I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you there, kurruption my friend. I know this comes as a shock to everyone, but I really like the music. I have a few mp3s from Super on my computer and I liked the main theme of Prime and the adaption for Echoes. Also, it was cool to hear the adaption of the Brinstar theme at the beginning of Prime after landing on Talon IV.

and once agian wijg stands up and protects metroid, you know you're a damn close follower, let me ask you, how did you feel when you first heard that metroid was going to become a first person shooter/adventure???

I guess it didn't really bother me. I hadn't really played too many FPS before that. I was bummed that they changed the space jump to double jump and got rid of the screw attack, for Prime at least. I'm not wild about the mechanics of the screw attack in Echoes. But I thought Prime captured the spirit of previous games. Plus the gameplay was really solid. Besides the cool storyline and bounty hunter chick, Super Metroid was what truly ensnared me about the series. The graphics were impressive for the time and the gameplay was unreal. The control scheme was just so perfect.

In the end, I am glad Metroid made the shift into the 3D realm. It is still more of an adventure game then a FPS, though it is literally an FPS because of the perspective. I think next it needs to incorporate some customization elements. I have some ideas, but I doubt Nintendo would listen.

Codes are NOT cheap... they are OPTIONAL and of you don't like them then don't use them. It's fine if your definition of self-worth is boosted by the ability to beat a game or invest lots ot time to collect every last gee-gaw, but for those others that are time-challenged, codes are wonderful. Games are entertainment, and different people are entertained by different things, so IMHO more flexibility to play like you want = a good thing. :)

okay, IMO codes are cheap. I don't think I don't see it as an "ego boost" to play without codes, I just don't see what the point is to playing a game with no difficulty. What is the point in playing through an FPS when you start with all the guns, infinite ammo, and God mode? I guess to get through the story, but by the end you are pretty bored anyways. If you really give a certain zone or boss or whatever everything you've got and still can't get past then I think turning on a code just to get by and then turning it off is fine...otherwise you might as well just read the walkthrough because that is essentially what you're doing.

on a similar note: hacks are cheap...like in CS and stuff.

Ronan said:
I guess to get through the story, but by the end you are pretty bored anyways.

No offense, but how exactly do you know if I'm "bored anyways"? How do you know what I like or dislike in a game? I love it when people that don't know me from Adam other than a few forum posts feel that they have some sort of marvelous insight into what makes me tick like this. What I think you meant to say is that YOU would be bored, and that's fine for you if that's how you feel about it. In this case, as far as I'm concerned based on what I know I like in a game, I disagree.

My whole point was that since the use of codes (or hint guides since you mentioned that) are OPTIONAL that they're useful for some players. If they make you feel that they render a game "pointless", well, then OK, bully for you. I'd argue that, for me anyway, the "point" of a game is to entertain, and if I find a game more entertaining with codes than without, then that's the "best" way to play it for me.

God codes don't render a game pointless for me. They allow me to actually get somewhere. No matter how hard I tried, I ALWAYS died on the first level of Jedi Knight. I finally got my hands on the codes so I could make it to the next level. Sadly, the codes don't help me when I get lost and I have yet to figure out how to get out of the first level - but at least I can survive it.

the following games are better with cheats imo:

devil may cry 3 ('nuff said)

GTA3 (maybe i just suck, but a lot of the missions were still difficult with the life/weapon cheats)

sonic 2/3 (supersonic!)

tekken 3/tag (if you want to fight your friends in vs mode, you're not really gonna play through the story mode to unlock the good characters)

marvel vs capcom (same as tekken)

capcom vs snk (having insane vs battles with infinite parry is the best)

that's all i can think of off the top of my head