Boss Battles

I don't know what you're missing here...they didn't release enough copies of FFT for it to sell well enough to warrant a second printing.

No, but they sold enough to warrant a third and a fourth. You can still find new copies of that in grocery stores in California, or could two years ago. It was a greatest hits on the PS1, green decal and everything.

absolutely true, sorry spuds, but a game needs to sell a certain amount of copies in order to go greatest hits, FFT indeed has been reprinted numerous times. You are correct that it took a while for the second printing and thus the game was selling for almost double digits online but indeed the game did recieve various printings which sold well enough to warrant a greatest hits release. Now the strategy guide, that bitch actually was selling for more than the damn game online a while back.

...cmon.

Back then, you needed to sell 500k copies of the game to end up on the Greatest Hits list. And right up until it was re-released with the green label (which I own), but we already know that the Greatest Hits label is constantly subverted, both with games making it when they shouldn't and not making it when they should.

I'd have to take some time to think up a really great boss battle (Shadow of the Collossus and God of War only come to mind), but I can tell yins one of the worst boss battles . . . that punk ass bitch Gill from SF3. Almost all boss battles in fighters are cheap but damn if he wasn't one of the cheapest.

According to Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt, FFT sold 730k.

Yes gill sucked, but he seemed outta place in a street fighter game, the original Bison in Street fighter 2 sucked as well

Yeah, but I doubt that much of that came until after the rerelease.

But Gill was definitely one of the worst fighting game bosses around. Duke from KOF Maximum Impact was really bad, but Resurrection is just stupid.

I agree with what Maverick started to say. Just about any battle from Shadow of the Colossus was incredible. Incredibly difficult (most times, at least), incredibly challenging, incredibly fun. I realized while playing SotC the other day that I hold my breath when I'm barely holding on to the Colossus. Really engaging stuff.

And if Manfred von Karma from Phoenix Wright counts, that's another one. The fourth case in the first PW was pretty sweet (maybe my favorite in the whole series).

As far as boss battles are concerned, Big Daddies in Bioshock, wow! I looked forward and dreaded facing those bastards! Jecht in FFX was a sweet boss battle, the battle was the same as any, but that sweet ass metal tune just made it so damn sweet!

Baal from Disgaea. So awesome.

Don't know about the Big Daddies. At the beginning of the game I saw them as something to fear, but the more that I played I kind of saw them as a joke and an easy way to make money.

I never found them an easy way to make money, because I always get beaten into using medpacks that cost more than the drop money...but yeah, they were looking like they were going to be these epic enemies in the trailers...but you see two around each corner. And they aren't too tough to kill.

But the best single fight in a game was, probably, the fight with the Boss in MGS3.

True but the fight with the End was so damn epic! and the big daddies were fun to kill, the final elite bouncers were tough as hell, until I found out what a badass the damn crossbow was.

I just used the rocket launcher and it seemed to down them in three hits. If you hacked all the machines and had the skill that let you loot them twice I almost always made 50~100 dollars off of them depending on how hard they hit.

I too would use the rocket launcher, then once I used the crossbow with the exploding tip or whatever, I forgot the name of it just now, not the trap bolt or steel bolt, anyways 4 to 5 shots and they are out, unlike the grenade launcher where it's 4 to 5 shots, but you have to be close, the electric buck shots work good too.