Bill Belichick is the single best coach ever.

Yeah, how can a team receive THIS much negative criticism when so many of them are far, far worse? Hell, the Bengals are like 40% violent criminals and drug addicts, and Bill does something that technically isn't even against the rules (but who really knows? The rule is abriged weekly to prevent the new thing coaches have figured out to get around it) and he is getting slammed.

Seriously, Johnny Elway's team had Shanahan spying AND lip reading on their opponents.

I think he got off easy, but I do hate the Patriots so take that for what it's worth. Belichick isn't/wasn't cheating because he thought it was fun. He had to have felt it gave him some kind of advantage right? What if he cheated in the Super Bowls? I believe all 3 of those games were only decided by 3 points each. How can we know if he did anything that directly contributed to 3-4 points or even 10-20 yards to get into field goal range at the end of the games?

Maybe I'm reaching, but the point to me is he should be above that. Other teams should be spying on him, not vice versa. He's proving this year that the Pats are a great team so why take the chance and put your and your teams rep in jeopardy like that?

Fact is, it was legal during the Pats' Super Bowls. Just like how it was legal for Mike Shanahan to have a lip reader watching his opponent's coach back when Elway won the Super Bowl. Just like how it was legal for John Madden to watch his opponents' practice when he was a (Super Bowl-winning) coach. Be it breaking Carson Palmer's leg, wire-tapping locker rooms, spying on practices, pumping free agents for info about their former team or any other questionable dealings, every team has done SOMETHING. You can run down the entire list of Super Bowl-winning teams and I'd bet you'd find something that they "cheated" with. But the Pats were "acquitted" for lack of a better word by Gooddell, but even if they weren't it'd be lame to hold it against them, since that would just fall under the category of "too bad nobody else thought of it first."

But you simply can't deny that the Pats are being singled out, for whatever reason (be it that everybody hates Belichick cuz he's beaten them or the media hates him because he practically tells em to screw off). Eric Mangini is the guy who ratted out his roommate for sneaking in beer right now. All the other head-coaches are trashing him in a non-public setting (according to NFL sources). Not to mention the simple fact that when the league voted on whether or not to have defensive players use headsets, it was voted down (guess what the reason is).

But the Pats by no means got off easily. In alot of ways, the taking of a first round draft pick is the harshest thing that Goodell has done as the commisioner.

So, it turns out the Colts cheat. In both the AFC divisional playoff game against the Super Bowl Steelers and Sunday against the Pats, the Colts played recorded crowd cheering through the speakers. Which is illegal. I'm yet to hear anybody call for a draft pick, but it should be coming. Unless, of course, the NFL is partial to the Colts. But if that was the case, then why weren't there six bad calls made by the refs in the Pats-Colts game, am I right? AM I RIGHT?!??!

lol. You think they'll be reprimanded at all for that?

six bad calls made by the refs in the Pats-Colts game
That was so messed up, wasn't it? Almost at the beginning of the game there were about two obvious ones.

Honestly, I like Tony Dungy, but the rest of them can go lose to the Dolphins...

He's decent at identifying raw talent in defensive players. Other than that, I just don't see anything he's done deserving of the constant, painful praise. Especially when you consider how Dungy came out against gay marriage. I don't even have a position on gay marriage, but can you imagine the CATASTROPHE that would result from Bill Belichick saying "yeah, I don't think gays should marry."

And did you know he was the first black coach to win a Super Bowl?!??!?!??!?!?!

spudlyff8fan said:
Fact is, it was legal during the Pats' Super Bowls. Just like how it was legal for Mike Shanahan to have a lip reader watching his opponent's coach back when Elway won the Super Bowl. Just like how it was legal for John Madden to watch his opponents' practice when he was a (Super Bowl-winning) coach. Be it breaking Carson Palmer's leg, wire-tapping locker rooms, spying on practices, pumping free agents for info about their former team or any other questionable dealings, every team has done SOMETHING. You can run down the entire list of Super Bowl-winning teams and I'd bet you'd find something that they "cheated" with. But the Pats were "acquitted" for lack of a better word by Gooddell, but even if they weren't it'd be lame to hold it against them, since that would just fall under the category of "too bad nobody else thought of it first."

But you simply can't deny that the Pats are being singled out, for whatever reason (be it that everybody hates Belichick cuz he's beaten them or the media hates him because he practically tells em to screw off). Eric Mangini is the guy who ratted out his roommate for sneaking in beer right now. All the other head-coaches are trashing him in a non-public setting (according to NFL sources). Not to mention the simple fact that when the league voted on whether or not to have defensive players use headsets, it was voted down (guess what the reason is).

But the Pats by no means got off easily. In alot of ways, the taking of a first round draft pick is the harshest thing that Goodell has done as the commisioner.

*cough* homer *cough*