Best PSP games?

Tibz1337

Registered
May 5, 2015
I have a PSP collecting dust and I thought maybe I could get some games to play on it whenever. What are the best games in your opinion?

Depending on the genre, but one of the best games I've played is Jeanne the Arc, though I haven't finished playing it yet because of complications. Currently, my PSP's broken and have no plan on having it fixed anytime soon.

Ridge Racer: This was the first PSP game I purchased and played back when the PSP was released. It blew me away and changed my perception of how good a handheld game could look and play. I still carry this around on my Vita and play it every so often.

There are many great RPGs on PSP. Tactics Ogre and FFT are the obvious stand outs. Atlus has some solid titles as well.
I am waiting for a killer PSN sale on PSP game so I have incentive to re-buy them digitally so I can replay them on my PS TV.

If you want both great quality and an amazing amount of content, I'd say Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Crisis Core are the best games. Along with the main story modes, there are a ton of side missions that make the games last for over 100 hours each.

I am a little bit partial since I only had three PSP games but I was utterly blown away by Final Fantasy 7:Criss Core. It is the prequel to FF7 but I thought it had such a better story than the original. I fell in love with Zach's character, something that I just never felt for Cloud. So if you want an amazing story, great game play, and to experience the awesomeness of Zach, I highly recommend you go and get Criss Core

Yeah, for sure. I have to admit that the ending of Crisis Core made it one of the very few games that actually got me to cry

There are many great RPGs on PSP. Tactics Ogre and FFT are the obvious stand outs. Atlus has some solid titles as well.
I am waiting for a killer PSN sale on PSP game so I have incentive to re-buy them digitally so I can replay them on my PS TV.
Have to second both of these. The PSP was great for RPGs, both remakes and new ones. I'll also throw in Star Ocean and Star Ocean 2, both of which were enhanced for the PSP releases. I absolutely loved Star Ocean 2 on the PS1, so getting its combat system integrated into the original Star Ocean was a dream come true. (Though I have to admit that the story kind of meanders off and goes nowhere by the end, as I recall.)

Also quite liked the collected edition of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. Great graphical update, and probably my favourite version of FFIV. Though After Years is a bit of a grindy slog.

Dissidia Duodecim is the best game on PSP, in my opinion. A pseudo-RPG fighting game featuring characters from every major Final Fantasy game (up to XIII). The gameplay is excellent and there's a LOT of content. Plus, if you can find someone to play against (shouldn't be too hard, there are ways to play online, I hear) then you can even test your build and skills against others, which is sure to provide a lot of fun for a competitive-minded fellow.

I didn't really understand the fighting system in Dissidia. Like, it was action-based but not really because it is FF and there needs to be turn-based ATB stuff going on. I like the mix of famous FF characters though. That is cool. Like a Square version of Smash Bros...

Resistance: Burning Skies is by far my favorite game. I liked the entire resistance series on the PlayStation, which is how I found the game in the first place. It is by far the best shooter that I've ever played on a handheld and I replayed it multiple times.

You can't go wrong with Square Enix games. Try Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep or The 3rd Birthday.

I owned a Sony PSP back in college, but I only owned one game on it. It was a gift from a significant other that I was involved with. The one game I had on it was Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower by Capcom. I absolutely loved this game. Unlocking all of the endings and additional characters were my obsession when I was bored of school work. This is a true classic PSP game.

The Corpse Party series will be my favourite games for the PSP (even though the last one is a PSVita game).

Jeanne d arch like someone already mentioned , then I would recommend the God of war series both chain of Olympus and Sparta also Persona 3 Portable.
There are many more games, could recommend a few more if I could know your genre of liking

Over the last few months, there has been some pretty solid PSN Flash Sales for PSP games. Great way to build your library for cheap. Picked up Castlevania Drac X Chron for $2.24, Powerstone Collection for $4, and tons of FFs and other Square games for $5-$10. Worth checking out. They usually have one Flash Sale per month or so.

There are a lot of good PSP games in different genres, for example Monster Hunter 3rd is amazing and you can put a lot of playtime in it. I've played hundreds of hours collecting different sets, the multiplayer is great too, but I haven't played in a long time and I'm not sure if it's still alive.

I used to own a "hacked" PSP where I just had to download games on it. From the top of my head, Disgaea, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep are my best picks for best PSP games.

I recommend Persona 3 Portable. Don't be scared by the "3", P3P can be played and enjoyed as a standalone game. Originally for PS2, it came to PSP with new features, new dungeons and even a female protagonist (you could only play as a male character on the PS2 version). It's a JRPG, which means you will have to put a lot of hours into it. But it has a great story, amazing characters and breathtaking music (you could give it a listen on Youtube).