best PC game in the past 6 months

yea and you would need a super computar for it, you'de be better off with that on a 360,
i say FEAR, it's pretty fun shooter, and has some creepy moments.

isnt condemed only a 360 game? there isnt too many well known pc games that have came out in the last 6 months. other wise ide say WoW

Even if it's just another FPS, F.E.A.R. was a lot of fun thanks to the creepy scripted moments and the AI that exploits it's numbers. There are still moments of silly FPS cliches, cheesey horror plot twists, and the usual modern conventions, but it's a solid game with neat features that doesn't demand being run and all the best settings to enjoy.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a great game with way too much to do, but a lot of it's charm comes from it's voracious graphics. It's a huge system hog, but it's single player nature and the possibility of mods makes it the sort of game that may be the last you play for another year or two.

If you'd like to dip into the bargain bin for a short, quirky strategy game, try Darwinia. It's not terribly technical, or hardware intensive, but it's cute and has a great retro charm. It's very short, thought, and that's probably not what you're looking for.

If you don't mind horrible, mind-rending addiction, World of Warcraft is not only a superbly crafted MMO RPG but a desperatley social experience that will make you love not having a social life outside of a "guild" of cow people. It's really a beautiful world to get lost in, but keeping up with other players demands a lot of time, and the deeper content can demand several consecutive hours to complete. I've never been so happy to waste my time, but at the same time I'm much happier not playing and spending all of that time talking with humans and playing a variety different games on different platforms.

Oooh..such a tough question.

Well, you can't go wrong with Half Life 2 in you like FPS games.

There was a new Caesar game released; those are very good if you're a fan of the genre. I also tried out And Then There Were None by Dreamcatcher Games. A very spooky mystery story, but with some very silly puzzles like distlling apple juice using a propeller from a wrecked one man submarine, a cheesecloth, and a very large container of apples.

You're like MacGuyver. Try it; the endings are a surprise.

although it was made a couple years ago, i just discovered it within the last 6 months:
CAVE STORY!

it's like a mix between metroid and castlevania with sweet 2d sidescrolling action. and the best part is that its free to download

No, just that good PC games are out there without glorious graphics. If you don't mind the retro look, you really ought to check out Cave Story.

Company of Heroes is really highly rated, even if it's more WWII fare. I haven't played many PC games recently, outside of Cave Story and an Unreal Tournament demo, since I'm on a laptop in the Netherlands. I'll be home to my glorious, self-assembled deck in a few days, though...

can anyone tell me how "age of Empires 1 or 2" is? since im getting a new comp i want to play some games i could never be able to play on the one i have now.